“Great food, great view”

Ristorante La Cambusa
Reserve with
Ristorante La Cambusa is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #41 of 86 Restaurants in Positano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great food, great view”
Reviewed June 18, 2014

While on a two week stay in Positano, my friends and I had lunch here. The food was good, the service good and the view was outstanding, overlooking Positano Bay. Definitely would recommend this for lunch or dinner.

• Visited June 2014

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
denver
“Charming”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Great views and a staff as good as any you find. The food is very good And service is timely and kind. We enjoyed a meal second to none.

Visited June 2014
Hellertown, Pennsylvania
“Good food and service”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

It's right there at the beach..... we enjoyed our lunch there as it was a great place to relax and enjoy the view.

Visited June 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great view”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Lovely little restaurant overlooking the harbour. Great food and friendly service. Not rushed between courses despite being busy. despite being a fish restaurant plenty of choice for those of us who are non-fish eaters.

• Visited May 2014
New York
“Magical”
Reviewed June 6, 2014 via mobile

Reserved a table (recommended, as it was completely full). Did not check reviews first as we decided to go there for the view alone. We were overly impressed! The service was impeccable, the food delicious and flavorful, the decor and ambiance, second to none.. As we were so enjoying ourselves, we decided to check the reviews, and again, I am disappointed in humanity:-) People trashing the place, because it's overpriced? The waiter couldn't do two things at once? I am a snob, I have no problem admitting it:-) if I shell out the dough, I expect quid pro quo on return, and I was impressed as it exceeded our expectations, albeit we didn't have anything to base it on. However, all in all it was a magical dinner.

I would strongly recommend this place, as it was on par with one of the finest places I ever ate at, and that is saying something, in my not so humble opinion:-)

I can't help but wonder, did they get better since the negative reviews or are people just mean?

The only caveat I can add, that it is expensive, but not that much more than any other top spot on Amalfi coast. And the menu choices were a little limited, too much seafood heavy, however it is the coast of Italy after all..