“Large Amounts of Sub Quality Food”
Review of La Tagliata

La Tagliata
Ranked #25 of 95 Restaurants in Positano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Tagliata is a family restaurant no fancy, we do not have menu a la carte but we provide our house menu for a fixed price of Euro 40 per persons,in the kitchen there are Mamma and Papa whom cook the typical dishes of our house menu: vegetables from the gardens ( parmigiana di melanzane, zucchini, egg- plants, beas,pea,salami, parma ham , ricotta, mozzarella etc..Trittico di pASTA ( three differnt kind of home-made pasta called also mamma's pasta than mixed and grilled meat .. Potatoes and green salad fROM our gardens ,, fruits of the seasons, mixED of home made desserts our house wine is included. However concering the wine I would like point here that we also have our wine list so it means that guests whom like have differnt wine can chooice and select from it , our list provide a vast range of the best and famous Italian wine . We also provide a free pick up in case you stay in positano area , we suggest to make reservation at least 10 days in advance thanks for your attention have a nice saty in Positano. PS: we also have lovely rooms in our famrhouse two detached small studios
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

While the views are beautiful and the staff extremely friendly, the issue with La Tagliata is that while you get large amounts of food the quality of that food is much lower when compared to other restaurants in the area. I would like to clarify that I am not an individual that enjoys the type of places that give you three bite portions, but getting a large amount of sub quality food is something I can get in the US. With that being said, if in Positano you may want to pass on La Tagliata. If you want to have that view look into some of the surrounding establishments such as Il Ritovo or Donna Rosa. I have not tried either location so I can't give an opinion on them but a family member told me Donna Rosa was great.

Date of visit: September 2016
Write a reviewReviews (4,934)

Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

Good food just keeps coming.
Owners are friendly and accommodating. So much food and wine and they don't charge for extra wine. Save room for the meats.

Reviewed September 8, 2016

I have been to La Tagliata a few times and have recommended this restaurant to several friends. I highly recommend it. La Tagliata has ambience, great food, friendly staff. We were there on the 30th August 2016 and it was simply wonderful. There is no menu the kitchen brings out a 5-6 course meal including wine for only 40 Euro. It is impossible to eat everything. They grow there own vegetables. Tomatoes are so tasty.
The view is spectacular overlooking all of Positano. They have a free shuttle service to pick you up and bring you back which is important as the restaurant is situated high up.
When you arrive you are welcomed with so many happy and friendly faces. It is a must if you visit Positano. I will always go back when I visit Positano and highly recommend this restaurant to all especially if you like to eat a lot. Very happy customer.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

The "Trattoria La Tagliata" is the best place where you can eat in Positano. The view is breathtaking and the food..the food is just amazing: Everything is genuine and produced locally and in their farms. Beans, Spinach, tomatoes, potatoes and even all the types of meats, ham etc. Everything is of top quality and produced locally. The staff is very attentive and will make you feel at home. I bring to your attentiob that this is not the typical touristy restaurant: they give you some options and bring you a series of apetizers, vegetables, home made pasta etc. The food just keeps on coming, so arrive there on an empty stomach! Overall probably my best experience in the Amalfi coast.

Reviewed September 8, 2016

What a surprise this turned out to be. There is no menu, they serve the fresh produce from their farm that is available that day. That said they were easily able to accommodate a vegetarian in our party.
They picked us up and dropped us off at our accommodation free of charge.
The meal started with a large selection of small plates of antipasti which was amazing, eggplant parmigiana, buffalo mozzarella and ham, beans with Panetta, broccoli, salad caprese and bruscetta.
Then came the selection of four pasta dishes which were the highlight of the meal for me, ravioli. Gnocchi, a local pasta with zucchini.
Then came the meat course, beef, pork, rabbit and lamb all grilled and served with salad and fries.
To follow came selection if desert and fruit.
We drank their own homemade wine and the total bill was 40 euro per person. I could not believe it! Fantastic quality traditional Italian food. You must not miss it!