“Best dinner on Costa Amalfitana”
Review of La Tagliata

La Tagliata
Ranked #10 of 90 Restaurants in Positano
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: La Tagliata is a family restaurant no fancy, we do not have menu a la carte but we provide our house menu for a fixed price of Euro 40 per persons,in the kitchen there are Mamma and Papa whom cook the typical dishes of our house menu: vegetables from the gardens ( parmigiana di melanzane, zucchini, egg- plants, beas,pea,salami, parma ham , ricotta, mozzarella etc..Trittico di pASTA ( three differnt kind of home-made pasta called also mamma's pasta than mixed and grilled meat .. Potatoes and green salad fROM our gardens ,, fruits of the seasons, mixED of home made desserts our house wine is included. However concering the wine I would like point here that we also have our wine list so it means that guests whom like have differnt wine can chooice and select from it , our list provide a vast range of the best and famous Italian wine . We also provide a free pick up in case you stay in positano area , we suggest to make reservation at least 10 days in advance thanks for your attention have a nice saty in Positano. PS: we also have lovely rooms in our famrhouse two detached small studios
Reviewed July 5, 2014

We went to this restaurant following a friend's recommendation. This was the best meal we had during our 6-day trip to Costa Amslfitana, so we ended up going there twice. It is very different from the very touristic places where you get lousy service and lousy food. At La Tagliata, people care to make you feel welcome, the portions are very generous, the service is wonderful and you get the chance to experience some authentic Italian dishes. I advise to check the location in advance, as it is difficult to reach (top of the mountain, narrow road) or ask the restaurant for their shuttle service. Also, check in advance whether there is live music that day and book a table in the hall where the performance is. It's a great experience.

2  Thank Marilena_Ro
Write a ReviewReviews (3,987)

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We were in Italy for about three weeks, and this was one of the only places where I felt like I was really dining in Italy. The food was amazing. There's no menu, and I loved not having to choose what I wanted to eat. An amazing smorgasbord of dishes were brought out and I just kept eating, and eating every delicious bite. My husband and I both enjoyed the first three courses so much, that we hardly had any room for the meat course or the dessert (of course, we managed to fit some anyway). This was definitely worth every penny, and we were surprised how reasonably priced our dinner was. Amazing experience!

2  Thank missgem27
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Went to this restaurant with my boyfriend on recommendations of many of my colleagues who absolutely love it. They told me I didn't need reservations but when we showed up for dinner I realized that having reservations would definitively be a better idea. We were told to wait for an hour (which turned out to be an hour and a half in the end), we decided to wait as it took us a long time to drive up to the place. When we finally got the table our server (the guy with the short pony tail, extremely rude) already seemed fed up with everything didn't bother letting us know that it was 30 euros for all the courses you order so, assuming this was a fancy restaurant, we ordered conservatively- appetizers to split and a 4 pasta plate to share as well. Their home wine was not good at all. When we got the bill and saw the price we realized we have been totally hosed because we could've skipped all the appetizers and gone straight to the good stuff!! Anyways, the food was okay, nothing special, but my experience was definitely ruined by rude staff....the beautiful view didn't even make me feel better about the rudeness of the staff !! Sorry...

4  Thank NatalieS77
Reviewed July 4, 2014

This is a very rustic place in a beautiful setting overlooking Positano. A very intertaining ride to the top of the mountain was free, provided by the establishment. Just call them in advance. (39) 089 875 872 . I enjoyed the pasta course the most. I found the (organic) veggies overcooked for my taste. They even grow their herbs on sight. The meats having a good flavor were tough. Service was fine but we felt rushed at times. I don't feel the long winding journey was worth the result of not too great food.

1  Thank travelingal555
Reviewed July 4, 2014

On nice trio to Italy, Positano, we had the pleasure to visit the restaurant. Renato met us at the door, located us in a table for 4, and from that moment and on, we had a great experience of wonderful family cooking, kind service and friendly atmosphere. All dishes we balanced, nicely presented and the approach was welcoming. The price was very reasonable, and the generous portions indicated a profound local culture of fine dining and customer orientation.
We shall return