“DO NOT GO HERE!!!”

Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“DO NOT GO HERE!!!”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Visited this restaurant after reading a review on trip advisor and staying close by. Turned up to the restaurant with hardly a greeting when we sat down the menus were thrown at us on the table. Man who served us was rude and unpleasant about ordering. Towards the end of finishing our wine we were told that they were closed and to get out even though there was another couple in the restaurant(Italian) who were still in the middle of finishing their wine and not told to leave. Absolutely disgusted with the service we recieved as tourists to positano. Ruined the end of our last night in the beautiful positano ! If you do want somewhere to enjoy and be treated well visit restaurante saraceno d'oro !

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Keishailyse

Melbourne Australia
“Food glorious food”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

We ate here six years ago and loved the food and having returned last week were pleased nothing had changed. The chef would have to be one of the best in the area and isn't the food the most important thing when dining. Okay the place is very simple and on the main road but we loved sitting outside watching the world go by, and as for the waiter other reviewers talk about, he is the second reason we specially came back, the experience is like something out of Fawlty Towers, So don't take yourself to serious, go and have one of the best meals in Positano, and enjoy the experience. p.s. we ate here 3 times

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Nimrel
Bradenton, Florida
“REAL REAL REAL ITALIAN FOOD”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

a local place that seats no more than forty people.....fresh fresh ingredients prepared simply...great prices great atmosphere of the "real" Italy...we were the only ones that spoke english...what an experiance........

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank pete0628
Newcastle, Australia
“Well worth the trip up the hill”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This restaurant is located up on what we called the "main" road around the top of Positano, where the Sita bus stop is at Chiesa Nuevo. Unless you like climbing steps, you can catch the "internal positano" bus to get here. There's always a bus coming or going, people milling around, and scooters cruising past, so it's a good spot to sit and watch the world go by if you get an outside table. The service was good and our waiter even helped us learn a new Italian word. There was another waiter working there who must have been the one other reviewers have complained about - he dealt with our initial inquiry upon arrival - he didn't have a welcoming disposition or a big smile but I wouldn't let that influence my decision to come here. Sometimes I wonder if reviewers are judging the service they receive based upon whether Italian locals reply to their English requests in English. We arrived early and asked what time they opened and he replied in Italian (of course) - no problem, no rudeness. The food was excellent, very tasty and reasonably priced and I would happily come back and recommend it to others. It's right next door to the "International Bar" where you can enjoy a pre dinner apertif or a post dinner digestive.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank dmw69
Athens
“the Italy I love...”
Reviewed May 16, 2013

This tiny and off center place managed to give me my best memories of my month long trip.

Following the advice of a local traffic policewoman, I climbed to the top of the village, hoping to find real Italian.everyday family food. Not only this was what I 've been looking for, but the place owner proved to be a wine lover too. He was happy to open a bottle for me (we chose it together) and sold me the beautiful wine by the glass. The food was to die for, the wine list was at least impressive, the place was oozing with a warm and unpretending village charm and the waiter was yes, a bit odd, but in the end, this added up to the color of the place. Next day, I visit this little gem again, drunk several different glasses of wine (two of which felt like nectar in my mouth) and walked happily to my (fortunately nearby) hotel.

Thank you guys... I hope to see you again...

• Visited April 2013