“Unmissable”

Ranked #41 of 89 Restaurants in Positano
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

Haphazard service in an informal beach side environment - but.... The food is amazing, the atmosphere superb, the setting beautiful - absolutely unmissable. You'll be sorry if you don't make the time for this.

1  Thank james l
There are newer reviews for Da Adolfo

Reviewed August 2, 2014

To say I was sadly disappointed would be an understatement. This place doesn't even come close to its media. It's crude and unfinished. The "private" beach sucks and looks worn out. My journey began with being left ashore by Adolfo because of overbooking even though I had a reservation. We , six of us in all, for another ten minutes before the second boat arrived. We rode to the Adolfo beach with a woman and her garbage bin. Really nice!! Once there four of the passengers were so disappointed they wanted to turnaround and leave but the Adolfo staff gave them a hard time. Luckily the other boat from la sirens was generous enough to take them back to positano. Around noon my wife and I told the Adolfo staff we wanted to leave but he said we had to stay to 3pm. Is this a prison? You can't leave if you want to? We even offered to pay the driver of the boat. Fortuitously the nice people from la sirens took us back at no charge. The vision I had of a private beach was shattered when I was dropped off there. Its more like Gilligan's island than fantasy island.

1  Thank kraz1660
Reviewed July 31, 2014

Before going to Positano I have read a few reviews about the place and I found out that you can take a small boat from the main pier and the local fisherman will take you to a small isolated beach, where you can also have a nice lunch. I was very excited about the idea and I went looking for this little boat as I arrived in Positano. I was happy to discover the boat with the fish-shaped sign that would take us to Da Adolfo.

As you depart to the small beach you get to see a magnificent view of Positano...then, as you arrive at Adolfo you will get to be more astonished with the paradise look of that little beach. It is small, serene, an blessed with sunshine. There are a few deckchairs and sunbeds and right at the beach there is the restaurant. A few Italian locals cook, serve, lead the boat and also have pleasant chats with the costumers. The restaurant has a very natural and laid back atmosphere...and the food is delicious, served in Italian pottery! A perfect spot to unwind...inviting for families and friends, as well as a very romantic place for couples!

Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Recommend you book a table, best way is to get your hotel concierge to do so the morning you want to go. Couldn't believe the number of people who went go over on the crowded little boat without a reservation and waited hours. Book and get over there early. Getting on the boat was a challenge even on a weekday morning, the crowd growing fast and jostling for a spot. Kitchen opens at 1230 and we booked for this time. A GREAT move. Sat down for a wine and as the crowd hadn't built yet we had plenty of time with the waiter to explain the all italian menu for us. He was fantastic. The place gets hectic and busy but that's all part of it. Brilliant day, fabulous food, great swimming at the little beach after lunch.

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Well, at first we did not like the service - we did not make any reservation and the owner of the restaurante did not seem friendly. However, after some time, they arranged a table for us and the food was surprinsigly good!! In the end, we had a great time (the restaurant is in the middle of the island and we had to go by a boat provided by the restaurant). It is a nice way to spend the day in Positano - but make a reservation!