“First night in Positano”
Review of Buca di Bacco 1916

Buca di Bacco 1916
Ranked #18 of 90 Restaurants in Positano
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups, Scenic view, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You can find the restaurant centrally situated, on the main beach of Positano up the popular steps of the 2 Lions. The entrance of the restaurant is between its kitchen and the veranda from where you can enjoy a 180° view of the beach and coastline. With an informal and vibrant atmosphere in the day and a soft lumination by impressive coral shaped chandeliers, by night. Romantic candelight dinners under the stars can be enjoyed on our second floor roof terrace. The cuisine is typically Mediterranean with pasta dishes, fish, vegetables, crispy fries,...We are open every day from April 1st to October 30th. If you would like to make a review, please make sure that you don't get confused with the Bar Buca di Bacco & Ristorante Pizzeria La Pergola below our Restaurant belonging to another management.
Reviewed September 25, 2012

After an overseas flight through Paris to Naples, and then a relatively short drive to our hotel in Positano, my wife and I had planned to head out to Buca di Bacco for our first dinner on the coast. Unfortunately, the flight and drive took their toll on my wife and I was left to handle the dinner reservations at Buca all by myself. What a chore!!! And Buca did not disappoint either. Lovely terrace with tables overlooking the beach scene and the coastline. Great dinner menu for an introduction to Amalfi cuisine. Had a local half-bottle of the house Costa Amalfi white wine did wonders to cool the hot evening air. Dinner consisted of 2 course, deep-fried zucchini flowers stuffed with local cheeses, and a huge serving of deep-fried anchovies with sauteed greens. Need less to say, the atmosphere was electric, the food delicious and the service outstanding. A great way to start off the week in Positano!! Oh, and a nice long UPHILL walk back to the hotel, in the HEAT!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,612)

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I had a great fish meal but my highlight was the limoncello after dinner. I am not usually a fan but as that region is known for making limoncello, i had to try it. And so glad i did! I even bought a bottle to take back with me (the exact same type that they sell in the restaurant). Staff super nice :)

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We stayed at Le Sirenuse and this was within walking distance. I had the boar ragu and it was just amazing. Weather wasn't great but the place was warm and the staff very accommodating. This is by the beach so get a table by a window or if your weather is good go outside.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

We had dinner at this lovely ristorante , we sat on the terrace facing the sea . The food was delicious , bruschetta , seafood appetizers, great pasta dishes with fresh fish, excellent wine from the Amalfi Coast , delicious cappucino . the service was great and the waiters were very friendly and attentives. The atmosphere and ambiance was very nice. It is not cheap but well worth it.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

A group of friends and I recently ate at Buca di Bacco one evening. The location and views are stunning - whatever you do try to get a seat up on the terrace as this is the most lovely place to enjoy your dinner, looking out across the bay and the rest of Positano. The food was good but not the best food that i've eaten in Italy, however this could be because the resturant adapts their food for a UK palate! My Italian friend who has been there a few times advised that if they see an English person they will cook the food to 'English standards' - i.e. the pasta will be very soft rather than al dente and meat tends to be overcooked. So go along by all means and enjoy the view but make it clear you want the food in the Italian way!