“Over priced and average!”
Review of La Lucciola

La Lucciola
Ranked #25 of 68 Restaurants in Porto Venere
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 22, 2013

This restaurant really let us down... My boyfriend and I live in La Spezia and had a friend from London visiting us, so we took her to Porto Venere for the day. We stopped into La Lucciola for a quick pizza... the service was pretty average, and presentation of the tables... well there wasn't any really, no bread provided & I asked for a "Latte Macchiato" and it took the girl 3 times to get it right... Nothing too majorly bad until we got our bill for €48!!! €48 for 3 simple pizza's, 1 beer, 2 waters & 2 coffee's! My boyfriend even said "I think you've miscalculated", but no, their prices are just inflated, the cover charge alone is €2.50 each & it didn't even include bread! I understand that this is Porto Venere but I work in The Cinque Terre in one of the top seafood restaurant so am well aware of what a cover charge is and what it should include and this was NOT worth €2.50, and the meal was not worth €48!
Such a shame.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

We rented the Villa Argia last week and this little resto became our favorite haunt. Their delicious pizzas and calzones can be enjoyed there or to take away even - a rarity around here. Once while my husband and I were waiting to bring back a few pizzas to tired kiddos at the home, the owner poured us a glass of wine on the house. Very kind, warm people.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We had already been to Bar Osteria Bacicio for lunch that Sunday (see separate review) and were wandering back into town later for a light dinner. La Lucciola is away from the town centre on the road to La Spezia and is quieter than the waterfront restaurants. We were also unsure of what else would be open on a Sunday night so we decided to stop for pizza. The restaurant is on the ground floor of a small hotel/b&b with a view through the park across the bay during the day. Nothing to see at night.
We were the second couple in and, by the time we left, only three other couples had arrived. Two couples had checked in earlier and we were all tourists. As expected on a quiet night, service was prompt and reasonably friendly. Also, as expected, there wasn't much atmosphere in a very quiet room. We had a pizza each - margherita and salsiccia - and both were ok. The highlight of the night was the bottle of brunello recommended by the waiter.
We walked past this place each day going to and from our villa to town and noticed that, for the rest of the week, it was never busy (probably because of its position, a little of town).

Reviewed May 17, 2013

This is a small, moderately priced pizzeria/ restaurant. It is not pretentious. Stefano, one of the partners, is always smiling, happy, and helpful. My Italian leaves MUCH to be desired, but he is kind and courteous. He also speaks fine English. Try the mussels, fresh from the water across the street.

1  Thank Michele C
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Don't recommend,expensive with bad price-value-service ratio,they were unable to help in english,the only advantage was their speed.

2  Thank Judit V