“Excellent presentation!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Lucciola

La Lucciola
Ranked #22 of 64 Restaurants in Porto Venere
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Wales, Pennsylvania
“Excellent presentation!”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

My daughter and I had dinner at La Lucciola while staying in Portovenere recently. We sat outside with a view of the Golfo dei Poeti and walkers along the passagiatto. Before our trip my daughter made me promise to be "brave" and explore new foods. At La Lucciola, we shared an appetizer of salted acciughe (fresh anchovies, which I never touch here in the US) and they were delicious! For primo piatto we had pasta and for secondo piatto we shared the mixed grilled seafood. The presentation of the seafood was amazing. The server brought a large serving dish with all manner of seafood: octopus and shrimp and several others, and in the center was a large whole fish. At the sight of that I nearly caved and asked for some pasta marinara, but I held my ground and was so glad I did. The server expertly skinned and deboned the fish at our table and served us each with a piece. Again, delicious! My daughter was quite proud of me and so was I, but it was the delicious and well-prepared food and impressive presentation at La Lucciola that did the trick!

• Visited September 2011