“I warn you... don’t eat here!!!”
Review of Trattoria da Iseo

Trattoria da Iseo
Ranked #63 of 76 Restaurants in Porto Venere
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2019 via mobile

It took a long time to get anyone’s attention. We should have left at that time!!! Worst service we have had anywhere in Italy on our 10-day trip. After unhelpful ordering of our food, my wife’s meal came 20 minutes before mine did. I had to go inside and inquire a couple of times. I ordered spaghetti bolognese. When it finally came, it WAS NOT bolognese... the waiter said they had none today!!! I asked for our check as our group was leaving and he said to give him 5 -10 minutes as they were “very busy”. I went inside and demanded my check. They charged me for extra bread (which I had to ask for three times) and for still water which we requested in addition to a bottle of wine. Yes, I am in a different country and may not understand the ways. However, I do understand good manners and good service. The food was descent but they fell far short on the other issues!!! I would have given it no stars if I could!!!

Date of visit: July 2019
Write a reviewReviews (866)

Reviewed July 16, 2019 via mobile

We were given a menu with different prices compared to the bill (€5 more for each dish).

Service was horrible and food likewise.

Its located on the marina and one of the first restaurant available.

Please do not go there it almost ruined the experience of this beautiful town.

Reviewed July 14, 2019 via mobile

Menu appeared good but once sat couldn’t get service. Once we ordered we received things in dribs and drabs. Staff were abrasive and food was expensive. Avoid if you can!!

Reviewed June 18, 2019

Lovely view in the front of the harbour and looked busy which we took as a good sign (but later discovered was partly due to a number of restaurants being closed on a Monday and none of the diners were locals)

However, the service was slow and the waiters rude - our food was practically thrown onto the table in front of us. The food itself was poor, my husbands steak practically inedible and half of our food was left uneaten. We’ve never had a bad meal in Italy until this place.

The people on the table next to us were equally horrified by the service and food - we bumped into them on a side street a few minutes later grabbing something to eat from a snack bar as had left half of their dinner uneaten too...

Date of visit: June 2019
Reviewed June 16, 2019

Tap water served as mineral water and food was very average. One waiter was rude and refused to serve a party of 6 and ruined the experience of a restaurant with good views for us.

Date of visit: June 2019