We have just come back from 1 week holiday in Villa Ottone.
It's a very beautiful place, great position near Portoferraio, Capoliveri, Porto Azzurro and all the beautiful beaches.
The Villa is elegant, and very romantic at sunsets with the piano bar and great drinks.
The restaurant is in the hotel building, which is behind the Villa, and is situated in the park. Dinner was so good that we didn't even go to other resturants on the island for the entire holiday! Service is excellent in the restaurant and in the room, except for the hostess at the reception desk: they seemed always annoyed when were asked about something and never smiled. Just one girl out of four was really nice and gentle.
I had a massage in the spa and it was great, even if I was 8 months pregnant the massagist found the appropiate massage for me.
The swimming pool is clean and nice with its view on the bay.
The private beach is little but comfortable because was never crowded, you have your own umbrella and sunbeds, there is a great bar, water is beautiful as in the other beaches of the island, even if here there are rocks and just a few sand, so it's better to wear shoes. In my opinion the staff should take care better of the beach, of the showers and of the sunbeds. This is the only negative thing I can point out.
We were in the cottage, very nice location in the park, clean, comfortable in space (even if the bathroom was very little, but it has a nice and big shower!). The bad thing was the bed: I had pain in my back for the all week, I thought was due to my pregnancy status so I didn't tell anything at the reception, but it was very hard to sleep. Our room maker was so nice to provide something harder to put under the mattress, but this didn't improve very much the situation. (when I came back home the pain in my back desappear, so i can surely say it was due to the bed!).
There is also a nice kid club with a girl entertaining kids and a lots of toys!
At the end of the week we wanted to stay 2 more days because we loved the place so much, but we decided to go home because of my status.
We will definetly come back again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Elegance is the keynote of a hotel which underwent large-scale renovation during winter 2007. New SPA. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and HRS so you can book your Hotel Villa Ottone reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ottone Hotel Portoferraio
- Hotel Villa Ottone Elba Island, Italy - Portoferraio