“A solid choise.”

La Bussola
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 15, 2013

So, the cusine is obveously focused on seafood. So if you wanana have some steak – it's not a place for you. However fish, shrimps, octopuses and all that other stuff is amazing. My personal choise was pasata with shrimps, spinach and truffel and it was really good. I would also recommend grilled seafood.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Just outside of Porto Santo Stefano - can highly recommend their appetizers to share. Very fresh fish and great apple pie.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I have visitied Porto Santo Stefano twice and have eaten at La Bussola twice....both times fantastic. The service is great. The fish is amazing....you actually pick your fish before it is cooked! Superb pastas, and excellent wine. Make sure this place is on your list of must try places.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Minor gripe with the interior design; lilac, lots of lilac...but that counts as character/charm I guess! The food/wine/service was excellent. We had a whole baked fish, served with grilled vegetables and salad. The host was helpful and attentive. Simple, tasty food.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was reccomended by our hotel and I had also pinned as a place to try based on Trip Advisor reviews. If you go to Porto Santo Stefano do not miss this restaurant. The fish is fresh daily. Fishermen deliver their catch daily. When we selected grilled fish from the menu, the waiter brought us four whole fish to choose from. We selected our fish and had it prepared con potate (baked with potatoes). It was so delicious I wish I could eat there every day. Order a half liter of the house vino bianco and you will be in heaven!