“Very good food, poor service”
Review of I due Pini

I due Pini
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

It started that we dropped by to make a reservation for later the the evening and were turned down (we came from a diving drip and were not dressed very elegantly). We than asked the hotel to make a reservation - surprise! no problem at all. During our dinner there was one lady who was friendly and helpful - the rest of the staff was... well... let‘s stop at this point. BTW the food was very good.

Reviewed May 10, 2017 via mobile

We went there to eat lunch, when tried to order food the staff didnt help to translate the italian menu and didnt had patience to help and said we must order food in order to sit there (although there were only 2 tables occupied). Aventually we left cause we found nothing to eat and we felt unwelocome.

Reviewed February 3, 2017

As the name say it the restaurant is located between two pine tree .Over looking the bay it is a little jewelry .The presentation is fabulous and the decor do make you mind wonder.The service is abundant and the sea food platter was delightful.

Reviewed November 5, 2016

Good location, but the meal and service was very disappointing. the staff didn't seem to care at all. Tired boring starters, saved only by the fresh scampi. The pasta was far too al dente, and not that good generally.

Reviewed November 1, 2016 via mobile

What more could you ask for. Siting at a table meters from the bay water on a perfect 21c sunny day. Parked near the front door for free and now a glass of Prosecco in my hand. Pure bliss.
We ordered the fried fish from the trawler and two expensive pasta dishes. My wife's was spaghetti with bottarga and mine spaghetti with bottarga and vongole.
The fried fish was very tasty.
The first thing I noticed with my pasta dish was the bottarga covered the vongole shells so I had to use the spaghetti to remove it otherwise there would have been very little to eat. The vongole I was told was local as it looked different but was fresh and flavoursome.
My wife's pasta dish had to much chilli for her even though it was not mentioned on the menu. We swapped pasta because even though mine had chilli it was alot less so she was able to finish her meal.
We ordered the pear torta which was good.
As to the rent being high, we for the first time in 6 weeks in total of being in Italy were charged a service fee. This was on top of the 6€ coperti and the additional 9€ fee I'm sure helped to pay off the rent.