Lunch under a shady umbrella,on a gorgeous day, looking over a sparkling sea - wonderful!
I just loved the soft colours of terracotta and planting of this property in a totally secluded setting. We ate in the grill and had a simple but most enjoyable meal of salad and grilled chicken which was full of flavour.
The staff were most attentive and charming especially the young lady from Ischia who was the sommelier.
My only tiny criticism was that various waiting staff were almost too eager to refill our water and wine glasses and it became slightly distracting constantly having a member of staff coming to our table.
I would love to come back and stay at this hotel one day, finances permitting!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant five-star hotel, located in Tuscany's Maremma region, was built in the mid-1960s as a love nest for Michael and Patricia Graham and it is today part of The Leading Hotels of the World. The home, called Il Pellicano as a tribute to the first time the couple met at Pelican Point in California, was initially a club for the Grahams' friends, but was subsequently expanded and opened to friends of friends. However, a few things remained the same: the pleasure of feeling at home and the glamorous and slightly retro atmosphere. The hotel's discrete luxury and the still-rugged Tuscan countryside attract the international jet set. Today, the cottages and the central building are suspended between the sky and the sea, with large rooms, windows and terraces where it's unclear where the indoors end and the outdoors begin. There are pathways and stairways, fragrant gardens and discrete corners, a restaurant with one Michelin stars and three Gambero Rosso forks, a heated sea-water swimming pool, a spa with a sea view to soothe both the body and the soul, and for those wanting to take a dip in the Tyrrhenian Sea, a white platform with chaise longue and immaculate parasols. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Il Pellicano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Pellicano Hotel Porto Ercole
- Il Pellicano Porto Ercole