Il Pellicano is not cheap, some reviewers complained about the price(s) and I disagree; this is a world class hotel and yes, poolside sandwiches and water bottles are expensive. If you want cheap water and snacks find a cheaper hotel.
This being said, my wife and I had an experience of a life time enjoying the beauty, service, amenities, and glorious Mediterranean view at Il Pellicano on our honeymoon. We did a boat tour around the south side of Argentario and took a day trip to Montalcino and Siena (2 hrs away), and Porto Ercole (10 mins drive). The property at Il Pellicano is lush beyond belief with plants, gardens, terraces, friendly staff, and delicious food & wine. Every single square inch of Il Pellicano is designed with incredible detail, style, and class. Save up and make it happen!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The elegant five-star hotel, located in Tuscany's Maremma region, was built in the mid-1960s as a love nest for Michael and Patricia Graham and it is today part of The Leading Hotels of the World. The home, called Il Pellicano as a tribute to the first time the couple met at Pelican Point in California, was initially a club for the Grahams' friends, but was subsequently expanded and opened to friends of friends. However, a few things remained the same: the pleasure of feeling at home and the glamorous and slightly retro atmosphere. The hotel's discrete luxury and the still-rugged Tuscan countryside attract the international jet set. Today, the cottages and the central building are suspended between the sky and the sea, with large rooms, windows and terraces where it's unclear where the indoors end and the outdoors begin. There are pathways and stairways, fragrant gardens and discrete corners, a restaurant with one Michelin stars and three Gambero Rosso forks, a heated sea-water swimming pool, a spa with a sea view to soothe both the body and the soul, and for those wanting to take a dip in the Tyrrhenian Sea, a white platform with chaise longue and immaculate parasols. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Priceline, Booking.com, Agoda and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Il Pellicano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Il Pellicano Hotel Porto Ercole
- Il Pellicano Porto Ercole