“Heerlijk gastvrij hotel”

Ranked #12 of 21 Hotels in Porto Cervo
Voorschoten, The Netherlands
“Heerlijk gastvrij hotel”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

Stayed with a friend via "Sardinia yoga". Extremely friendly hotelstaff (A+ for Damiro's kindness and patience at the reception!), beautiful gardens, excellent room with patio and beautiful seasight. Delicious and healthy breakfast and brunch. A very nice place to de-stress, and feeling very welcome.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
6 Thank Sandra V
Daniele S, General Manager at Grand Hotel in Porto Cervo, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Kind Madame,
thank you very much for providing a feedback regarding our Hotel

I am very pleased to hear you liked our Hotel and about our staff's kindness, and I will thank Damiro personally.

Once again, thank you very much for choosing our Hotel for your holiday in Costa Smeralda.

Kindest regards

Franco Palumbo
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Polish first
Rome, Lazio, Italy
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Was there in August and the stay was incredible. Excellent food and the staff was always available to meet our needs. Our room had a balcony where we enjoyed having breakfast every morning and took in the breathtaking view. Was at the beach most of the day but also enjoyed relaxing by the pool. We'll definitely try to make it back this year.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Elena V
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The place is amazing and the hotel is superb! I went there with my boyfriend and we both enjoyed it so much that we've gotta go back as soon as possible! It's the perfect situation if you wanna lay back and relax without forgetting how to enjoy yourself and have a good time! I'm a really picky person and I must say that the rooms went above and beyond my expectations! Wonderful! The staff was amazing and always available to make our stay impeccable! Thank you so much! See you asap!

• Stayed August 2012
4 Thank Frakota
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Stayed here the first week in September as part of a yoga holiday and I couldn't have picked a more peaceful and beautiful location. My room had a view of the sea and the place is designed so the rooms are in blocks of buildings giving it an apartment feel. The staff were very helpful especially when the weather took a turn for the worse coming up with ideas on what we could do, they were also great giving us top tips on where to eat at night and helping us organise mini buses as there was 20 of us. Food at breakfast was delicious and the restaurant owned by the hotel was very reasonable and great. The beach on their doorstep is lovely be it on the pricey side to rent a sun bed and umbrella. The only downside I would say is that it is located away from the town so there's quite a walk to Porto Cervo and you are walking off a main road. If you are going there for a week I would recommend you hire a car to explore the island and hire a boat as well as the sea is a magnificent colour and there are plenty of beautiful beaches. In short I am definitely going back next year as it was such a lovely and relaxing holiday

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
8 Thank vicky_bl
Essex
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Location a little out of town, really need to drive or get taxi anywhere. Great pool area, fab cocktails in the evening!

Nice beach bar - good food

However fantastic separate restaurant (orange) on site- went into town a couple of times but food better at orange restaurant - we had tasting menu on 3 separate occasions different selection every night- no cheap but very good value for standard of food and number of courses.

Would stay again

Room Tip: They all seemed good - we had pool view
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Queenie38
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I am Canadian and my husband Italian. We honeymooned here this August. Obviously for a North American used to American chain hotel luxury and all inclusive this is different ( I mean the actual building that houses the rooms) but I lived in Europe 5 years too and just like all other hotels in Sardinia this place is sardinian style and all about charm and is stylish in a European way. Lovely design decor in pool area and lounge, great free beds around the pool and small jacuzzi area with beach view accessible to all. Conveniently located just a few minutes drive from Porto Cervo's town (make sure to visit the antique town center and church and not just the port) directly on the beach with its own beach restaurant. Would suggest you rent a car and drive to a different beach every day.

When we think about our honeymoon the highlight is how well we ate at the Orange restaurant. My husband is a chef and we were both blown away. Orange is first class- the ambiance (great music), the decor, the view, the service, the food.. it MADE our honeymoon! We were in heaven every night! I never ate so much tuna tartare, fish and seafood in my life!

We want to thank Alessio at the front desk for offering us the chance to upgrade from eating the buffet included with our half board in the hotel's dining room to a la carte meals at the orange restaurant - for an extra 10 a day you can eat a la Carte menu at orange restaurant!

Breakfast was satisfactory in poolside buffet. European, consisted of italian coffee, baked goods, boiled eggs, ham and cheese, toast, and fruit etc.. so don't expect bacon and eggs American style because italian breakfast is nut like that. Variety and presentation of fruits could be improved and breakfast staff could be a little more attentive to clients.

We would like to thank all of the staff at the Orange restaurant, with a special mention to the maitre d Marco and our waiters. Marco made us feel special every night and is a real professional.

Thanks everyone for the memorable honeymoon! Great hotel and value, I recommend and would go back and would DEFINITELY go back to l'Orange!!

• Stayed August 2012
2 Thank Italianissimi
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Sept 2012: I stayed here as part of a 4-day 'Sardinia Yoga' package so had a very good deal as Sardinia is notoriously expensive these days. In an unspoilt area, I found it to be delightful. It's well designed, with calming decor, multi-level relaxation areas, and clean and comfortable facilties. The beach below was a nice little cove with a 'private' feel so not crowded, although it had banks of sea reeds which was a shame. Had read a few dubious reviews about the staff and service but the experience my companion and I had was excellent. We found the reception staff VERY courtious, helpful and professional, the pool bar staff very pleasant and fun. We booked a massage with Claudio and, although expensive, we would thoroughly recommend one as he was fantastic! We ate in the hotel's Orange Resturant as we had a special deal through the yoga company and found the food to be very good and the staff perfectly pleasant but also tried a great restaurant, Hivaoa, a short walk from the hotel with good food, reasonable prices and great atmosphere (advanced booking is recommended as it is very popular - always a good sign). I found the Grand Hotel to be a lovely place to relax.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends