Grand Hotel in Porto Cervo
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Colonna Resort(Porto Cervo)
View Hotel
Colonna Park Hotel(Porto Cervo)
Balocco Hotel(Porto Cervo)
View Hotel
Dolce Vita Hotel(Porto Cervo)
  • Beachfront
Relais de La Costa(Porto Cervo)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Le Palme(Porto Cervo)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsorange restaurantsardinia yogayoga holidaycleaning ladylarge poolbig bedfantastic sea viewsprivate beachlovely hotelfree ferrygarden rooma bit tiredfantastic stayhire carbeach restauranttown centreboat trip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We were upgraded on arrival and had a quiet room with a view of the sea and a small errace with a lawn, sunbeds, deckchairs and a bistro table and chairs. Quiet around the pool and lots of shaded areas in the trees to relax in. Plenty of sun beds round the pool. Did not eat in the Orange restaurant but seemed to be busy. Cala Granu beach not great - go to Romazzina Beach and Spaggia de Principe. Breakfast ok, standard continental with couple of hot items. Reception staff speak good English and helpful. Restaurants in Porto Cervo very expensive, we headed to Baia Sardinia and found a couple of good restaurants reasonably priced - one of them Il Guscio just as you come into the town before the church on the left has good pasta and pizza with good prices, plenty of parking. There is a supermarket on the way to Baia Sardinia reasonably priced it it is a SPAR. We liked the area very much great beaches but you do need a car to explore. Went to San Pantaleo worth a visit to sit in the church square at Cafe Nina and have a glass of wine looking at the pretty church. Overall if you just use the hotel as a base for B&B then it is a good location to do so but if you are looking just to be at the hotel all the time this may not be the place for you. We booked a lastminute offer and it was heavily discounted from the brochure price so feel it was good value for money. I would not have been happy to pay the full price for this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Louise1110
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I went to the Grand Hotel Porto Cervo last week (Sept 2012). The location is gorgeous, right in a secluded bay with a nice enough beach (lots of sea reeds on beach though) and delicious hotel pool. Be aware, Porto Cervo very expensive, all very NEW (no old world feel here)The hotel staff were, however, not accommodating. I realize it was the end of the season, staff tired and fed up with guests. No excuse! The receptionists were curt and I got the feeling that they did only the bare minimum to help me out. For example, I wanted to do a day dive, the receptionist reluctantly dialled a number for me, then handed me the phone. The breakfast buffet staff were very rude, ie "Madame you take NOW what you still want from buffet. I close everything NOW", all said in a very unfriendly way, and BTW this was at 10.15am, buffet is supposed to close at 11am! It goes on...I needed a small bag of ice one day, since I wanted to go to the beach, and asked for it at reception. They sent me to the pool bar, where the bartender told me "No madame, no free ice. It will cost you 10 euros". And I am not kidding here. "We have 2 bars and 2 restaurants, we need the ice for the hotel. If we give ice free to you, then we have to give to everyone". Wait, this is a four star hotel, but not even a small sandwich-bagfull of ice for free? It feels like Europe 30 years ago! Happily I did have a car (which you need by the way, the hotel is out of the way, not in walking distance to anything), so I could get a bag of ice at the grocery store for 2 euros. Also I was shocked when I got my bill. 2 cocktails (Aperol Spritz) cost 20 euros!!! And these were served to me in hot pink plastic cups, could not see or appreciate the beautiful orange color of this cocktail. Very bad internet connection (none in rooms). All in all, I would consider to stay here again, but don't spend any money on the hotel offerings (restaurants, pool bar, etc). I was there for a yoga retreat, done on the hotel grounds, I can highly recommend that! Yoga overlooking the Mediterranean...I can forgive the hotel for its faults, just because the yoga made it all worth it. Hotel rooms are ok, but not anything outstanding or exceptional. My recommendation. Try the Cagliari area, it seems more typical of Sardinia and a lot less expensive, not so snooty.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed to have balconies. Don't get a room over the pool bar. Late night drinks and chatter there can be disturbing to rooms in that area.....
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank PKH4433
Reviewed September 12, 2012

On arriving we were told we had been upgraded to a junior suit, so we were very disappointed to find we had two small ajoining rooms with bathroom and no sea view. The rooms were clean but only just big enough for a bed and table,
First night we booked the Orange Restaurant and had a very good evening meel, so we booked for the following night, at 4;30 the next day we were informed that they had over booked the restaurant and booked us in down the road. It subsiquently turned out that they had recived a large party booking and had, "bumped" other b & b guests to accommidate them.
However we had a fantastic sensibly priced meel at the Hivaoa and eat there every night for a week!
The staff are helpful and the general aspect and location is very good.
The beach is pleasent but nothing special compared with other beach's in the area, the staff warned us that beach chairs are chargable and expensive, so we didn't bother! The swimming pool and bar area is far better.
Our overall opinion is that the hotel is an average 3 star hotel but not a 4 star hotel. I gauge how good a holiday it is by how long it takes me to unwined, this one took 4 days but alowing for the fact we were new to Sardinia 4 days is not bad. We would return to Porto Cervo but not this hotel.
Breakfast was continental and better than expected.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view not all room have one.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank mike s
Reviewed September 4, 2012

First impressions were of a lovely hotel with character, in a very good location. The Reception staff were really friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable and clean, if a little jaded, and we had a great sea view over the gardens. The hotel has a beach which can be found at the end of a path leading through the gardens, which was lovely, but take plenty of cash if you want to hire sunbeds!

Sadly, the food at the hotel (even the Orange Fusion Restaurant) left much to be desired, and was ridiculously expensive given the poor quality and portion sizes (40 euros per person for a 3 course meal in the Terrace Restaurant) so we ate elsewhere for the remainder of the week. The handful of restaurants down the hill (10-15 mins walk) were thankfully far better and good value.
The breakfast buffet was the usual continental style, adequate but nothing special, with hard-boiled eggs in abundance which no-one seemed to eat!

The pool area was really nice with plenty of sunbeds and various seats dotted around the grounds if you wanted to find a quiet area. As with most hotels, drinks from the pool bar were very expensive, but you expect this anyway on holiday. The free hotel shuttle bus into Porto Cervo ran twice daily, giving you a couple of hours to have a look around the marina and designer shops. The yachts were incredible and it was nice to dream "if only ...."!

All in all, a good location and nice hotel (in need of minor refurbishment here and there). Not worth the full brochure price though (we travelled with Sardatur Holidays), or even the heavily discounted price we paid, to be fair. This was our second visit to Sardinia, a really beautiful island, but we wouldn't go back to Porto Cervo simply because everything is so expensive (30 euros per day for 2 sunbeds and umbrella on the beach), and the food at the hotel was a real let down.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jane B
Reviewed September 4, 2012

It is a brilliant hotel with beautiful scenery and breathtaking views from almost every angle, the beach is secluded and small but doesn't get over crowded even in the peak of the season. The staff are excellent and extremely helpful with the majority of them speaking fluent English. The food is unbelievable but I would advise that you go half board as eating out in Porto Cevo is expensive and restaurants within walking distance are limited, there is a free mini bus to and from Porto Cevo but a taxi will cost €25. As we where only there for a week we didn't feel the need to hire a car but if wanted when we got there we had a option to hire a car for a day.Overall a really enjoyable holiday perfect for family and those just wanting a relaxing break away from home.

Room Tip: All rooms have a sea view!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family