A plan to visit Sardinia's sandy beaches for my honeymoon brought up Hotel Romazzino. Amazing location, right on the beach. It's a luxury 5-star hotel and you can spend your entire vacation here (I stayed 4 nights) - which is good because there is not much else to do in Sardinia.
For 1,500 euro a night, I expect more. Seems a bit overkill to pay 80 euros for an airport shuttle (take a taxi instead), 5 euros for each tennis ball (though rackets and court use is free) and 20 euros for a drink at the beach bar. The dinner menu has no prices listed - I don't care if I splurge, but I'd like to know what I'm getting in to... Same applies to water skiing, etc - why not tell the guests what the charges are?
Still, the restaurant is excellent - since the menu changes every day, you can eat here daily. My room (premium sea view room) had an excellent view of the sea and the moonrise, though it was a relatively small and bare room, for the price.
The beach is not a private beach, only the umbrellas are reserved. The beach is very clean, though, and the hawkers are only a minor inconvenience.
Tip: Order room service, using a menu from the restaurant. It's MUCH cheaper.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AN ENCHANTED EMERALD PARADISE The Hotel Romazzino is the epitome of unrivaled indulgent relaxation, perfect for vacationers who want to have a full beach resort experience with a private beach, two swimming pools (fresh water and sea water), tennis court, outdoor gym and an endless choice of leisure and sport activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Hotel Romazzino, a Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Romazzino Hotel Porto Cervo
- Hotel Romazzino, a Luxury Collection Hotel Porto Cervo, Sardinia