We stayed at Hotel Cervo from 14 September for two weeks. We left it late to book our holiday and were so delighted to discover Sardinia and the quirky Porto Cervo! We were booked into a superior room but we're not sure about what kind of view we would get and the hotel was non committal on booking.
We were picked up by the hotels mini bus at the airport, the driver was very pleasant and gave us water for our half hour journey. On arrival we were greeted very warmly and advised that we had been upgraded to a junior suite. The room (160) was lovely and large with a very spacious balcony which overlooked the bars and square below. There was a bowl of fresh fruit for us and we could see the water too. Half way through our stay we were treated to a bottle of bubbly and we even got a present before we left, a beautiful scarf and CD.
The room was very well appointed, large comfortable bed with lovely bedding and linen, sofa and plenty of cupboard space. The furniture was of high quality. There was a wonderful walk in wardrobe which housed all our bags and cases - plenty of hanging space and the room safe.
We had ongoing problems with the wifi in the room, the signal was poor but we got by.
The bathroom was very well equipped, powerful hair dryer and excellent makeup/ shaving mirror. Toiletries were plentiful and towels replaced twice a day. The housekeeping was of a high standard. There was a lovely rain shower and jacuzzi bath tub.
We also benefitted from a complimentary upgrade to full board which was a special offer on booking. This meant we could use other restaurants in the area for lunch or dinner. There were three that we could use as some had already closed for the season. We ate at the Pescatoria, a fish restaurant which we found quite stressful because of the constant frenetic activity all around us and constant topping up of water and wine. We didn't return, however the lobster salad starter was lovely! We loved the Il Pomodoro where you could get just about everything, pizza, chicken and steak were lovely and the service was great. Drinks were less expensive and they didn't charge for water (€10 in the other places for a bottle) the main hotel restaurant is in the square and very twinkly- there is plenty of choice if you have to dine there regularly. Wine and water are expensive but we had a few lovely bottles all the same!
Breakfast was lovely - a lovely room overlooking the water and eggs cooked to order. The buffet was fresh and extensive.
The pool area is good, surrounded by rooms though and no view to gaze at. We used the pool on a couple of windy days when the beach wasn't an option.
Now then - the beach! It was just lovely. It was great getting the launch everyday and the guys looked after everyone so well. The water is clear and so blue.....
We quite often stayed until the last boat back, it becomes quiet and calm, even more beautiful and relaxing. Sometimes yachts dropped anchor in the bay, it was very beautiful. Some facilities were being built which will be good for future guests.
As others have said, everything is mouth-wateringly expensive in Porto Cervo, some are less so though, away from the main square. There is a supermarket nearby for drinks on the balcony if needed. All other shops are designer and only for the very rich, fun to window shop.
The walk to the marina is lovely at sunset and the Stella Marais church is worth visiting.
We also had a fabulous day on an old sailing boat, visiting some stunning beaches and enjoying Sardinian hospitality.
It seems that September is a good time to visit, especially if you dislike crowds. The weather is great, just perfect.
Things were definitely winding down during our second week,which suited us just fine.
We would definitely return and highly recommend the hotel and appreciate the excellent service throughout.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The heart and soul of Porto Cervo The Cervo Hotel, designed in 1962 by the famous architect Luigi Vietti, is the ideal retreat for those wishing to stay in the heart of Porto Cervo. Open all year, the hotel overlooks the famous Piazzetta of the village, and it is one step away from the most famous boutiques and the Marina with its exclusive yachts. A haven of refined simplicity, which perfectly blends with the surrounding nature and the typical style of the Costa Smeralda. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cervo Hotel, Costa Smeralda Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cervo Hotel, Costa Smeralda Hotel Porto Cervo
- Sheraton Porto Cervo
- Cervo Hotel, Costa Smeralda Resort Porto Cervo, Sardinia