I spent three great nights and days at Pitrizza and was truly impressed. The stay was certainly a five star hotel experience. You pay for it dearly but you get what you pay for.
The hotel is located just a few minutes drive from Porto Cervo but is very secluded with a private beach and beatiful views all over. The architecture is timeless, the rooms have just enough privacy, the gardens throughout the hotel complex are beautifuly maintained.
My room had two floors (living area and bedroom), each with a nice terrace/patio facing the sea. The room was very nice, simple and perfectly clean. The jacuzzi tub and air conditioning was a little bit dated but not a big deal. Wi-fi was not superfast but ok.
The restaurant features great selection of fish, seafood, steaks, salads, pasta, great Sardinian wine, whatever you can imagine, all very good quality. It opens onto a swimming pool terrace with breathtaking sea views. Breakfast buffet is not large but again high quality. The servis in the restaurant and the bar was outstanding. Since the pricing matches the five stars, next time I will book the halfboard rather than pay for each meal separately. Just the light lunch (salad buffet, no meat or fish) is 100 EUR. The restaurant packed a picknik basket for my boat trip and again, the quality of the food was great (fresh fruit, including kilos of hugh cherries).
The private beach is small but more than enough for the hotel guests. The beach service including drinks (25 EUR for a mojito, if I remember correctly) was also great. The ever-coming "traders" with fake Louis Vitton bags are bothersome.
I also had a massage and a pedicure, both given with great care. The hotel service throughout my stay was truly five star.
I did not want to leave and certainly will come back again.
If you can afford it, go for it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A PRIVILEGED REFUGE OF NATURAL BEAUTY The Hotel Pitrizza is the ideal destination for those seeking calm and privacy in close contact with nature in one of the world's most romantic settings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Hotel Pitrizza, a Luxury Collection Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pitrizza Hotel Porto Cervo
- Hotel Pitrizza, a Luxury Collection Hotel Porto Cervo, Sardinia