“The bad reviews must be suspect”
Review of Il Peperone

Il Peperone
Ranked #66 of 84 Restaurants in Porto Cervo
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Wi-fi Free Zone, Terrace With Garden, Menu' For Kids, Bbqfor Rib Eye Steak, Fillet Steak, Sausages, Sucking Pigs And Lamb Cutlet And Another Barbecue For A Lot Of Kind Of Fishes From The Day-market.
South Devon, United Kingdom
“The bad reviews must be suspect”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Mrs CanterburyFoodie and I visited this restaurant for a light lunch early in the day as it had been recommended to us. I cannot understand some of the bad reviews below. Either the authors of the reviews are tasteless or bonkers (or possibly both). We were not disappointed at all. MrsCF had a beautifully rich and creamy tomato soup and I had the vegetable soup. Our main courses were both home made pasta dishes and mine was probably the best pasta dish I have ever taken. We swilled it down with a glass of house white (I got the short straw as I was driving). We would love to have stayed for longer but did not have the time to linger. I do urge readers to go with an open mind because the poor reviews below were certainly NOT our experience. Acid test: would we revisit? Answer: undoubtedly yes!

• Visited May 2013
domenica c, Proprietario at Il Peperone, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review!
Usually we write to Tripadvisor thet the bad reviews are not correct or are for another adress.
I don't understand why T.A. does',t hear my complains!
Aniway the best kind to advertise the restaurant Il Peperone is the people who always come to enjoy
his meal!
Thans and see you in the future
Domenica Carta,
owner

Tampa, Florida
“Do not listen to bad reviews!!!!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012 via mobile

After eating here twice I am convinced the bad reviewers either got their places mixed up or don't know anything about real Italian food. My husband and I stumbled upon this place while looking for s place to eat in Porto Cervo that wouldn't be outrageously expensive. We ate here the first night and liked it so much we can back! We each had pasta the first night and it was fantastic. We saw so many people eating the pizza and thought it looked so good we came back the next night to try it. And it was way better than we ever imagined!!! It is the best pizza I have ever had outside of Naples. I have been all over Italy so that is a strong statement. For an area that is so expensive, this place is super affordable and the food is PHENOMENAL!!!!! Do yourself a favor and dont read the bad reviews. They clearly are writing about the wrong place!!!! And for the record, I have no financial interest in this place. I travel ALOT and simply want to share my experiences. This place is a true gem in a crazy expensive place!!!

2 Thank bgualario
Barcelona, Spain
“such a big pizza”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We ate at Il Peperone twice, the only place we returned second time in Porto Cervo.
First time we had a lunch there, I had vegetarian pizza and my hubby had pizza with prosciutto crudo, both very good . After such a big pizza we didn't have any room left for dessert.
We returned there on our last day for a nice dinner. Again, pizza was our choice. This time we shared one pizza, pizza Romana, and we had appetizer- seafood salad. Yummy!
Staff was very nice, waitress was friendly and recommended on places to see in Costa Smeralda.

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank jacques v
Gothenburg, Sweden
“I don't recommend.”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

We ordered risotto with seafood for 2 persons. My husband got risotto first but i got it after 20 min. When we complained the waiter didn't understand English and just disappeared. Risotto was average.

• Visited July 2012
5 Thank Viktoria R
“Thanks to trip advisor”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This restaurant exemplifies why Tripadvisor is such a good source for restaurant reviews. Il peperone od a fairly well hidden restaurant and once you get to it you're not exactly overwhelmed. By how it looks. However, once you're indide you're welcomed by the waitress and you see Marco cooking pizzas and realize that this family that this family run joint od something special.
Once you get on to the food it's even better. Most of the food in this restaurant is really cheap but absolutely superb. The first night that we went we just ordered a paccheri rosmarino and mirto and linguine with bottarga. Both were two of the best that we had while in sardinia. The second night we wew completély blown away by the porcetto. We Also had the best cakes that we've ever had that were made from an english cream and strawberries.
I cannot recommend this family rum restaurant enough!

2 Thank JosepBlenstein