“Pizza and Prawns”
Review of Dante

Dante
Reserve with
Dante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 89 Restaurants in Porto Cervo
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 30, 2013

On returning from our holiday in Porto Cervo, I was really surprised to see the poor reviews for this restaurant. I didn't have access to a computer while in Sardinia, which is a good thing as we wouldn't have gone to this place had I seen the comments. My husband had a pizza and I had grilled prawns which we both really enjoyed. The service was good and the menu was available in English. It is high priced but everywhere in or near Porto Cervo is the same.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I ordered spaghetti al vongole, pasta arrived raw , I called the waitress and apologised that i was unable to eath my meal as the pasta was raw,,, yes raw and NOT al dente, I dont mind Al dente, she apologised and said she should of asked me if i wanted it like that and took it away. around 15 minuites later my meal arrived, well what can I say i took a mouth full and was nearly sick, it had so much salt in it I just couldnt eat it. I think it was because I complained. My husband ordered lamb which was probably cooked a few days ago, and was in edible, and as for the veg, it was two small pieces of corgettes and a small piece of aubergine, potatoes where raw too. All in all we paid around Euro 80, which was day light robbery, we should have stayed in our hotel which had exceptional good quality food, Le Ginestre, but we wanted to venture out a little. The staff were unfriendly and unhelpful. We didnt complain as i dont think we would have got anywhere, but im pleased to be able to write this review, please do not go there and save your money...

1  Thank koo123
Reviewed September 9, 2011

We almost left this place as soon as we arrived. Upon asking to be seated on the side, they told us it is not possible, as it is for 5 people (we were only 2...). My husband then asked if it was reserved maybe. They said yes. Which was obviously a lie, there were just to lazy to remove the rest of the cutlery... Then I had there the worst pizza of my life. Brrr... In the middle the Mozzarella was still a bit cold, but strangely all the salami was pretty much cooked dry. Somehow I think this is possible if they cooked that separately. And I couldn't think of any other reason, as that maybe it was already too old... It also had a funny taste... I better not thinkn of this pizza again :-s
All this does not even come cheap! So a definite NO-GO!!!!

2  Thank MataHari_OnTheRun
Reviewed August 21, 2011

- we ordered 2 plates of lobster spaghettis (22 € each), and after the order, the waiter came to show the beast. Asked to chose, we did. It turned out we then changed the order without knowing. It ended up a 128 € ripp-off, because what we chose was not a lobster, but something else, that was counted by the weight
- during the meal, the dog of the owner attacked the dog of the customer next to us. This person had to stand with his dog in the hand, to protect him, so the local one doesn't get bitten. The waiters laughed, and only after I expressed my deepest concern, somebody came to kick the local dog (who came back just after)
- fish were said to be fresh but were frozen
- our octopuss salad was at least a day old, and cut into chunks without any rule (bad, 14 €)
- our tomato & mozarella salad was made out of supermarket tomatoes & supermarket mozarella (very bad, 12 €)
- when I complained about my 178€ bill (for 2), the proposed to hit the waiter, which I refused, but stood firm on the amount
- There was a sticker "trip advisor 2011" on the door, which can only be a con to me

As a conclusion, this place is a worst of italy in any aspect, led by pirates or thieves, which I higly recommend to avoid to any travellers

3  Thank Daniele22
Reviewed July 7, 2011

This restaurant is very Italian and not to miss if you drive from Porto Cervo to Porto Rotondo. Let the full parkinglot not scare you off... just ask inside if they have a table for you, or wait a few minutes... Pizza's are good also fresh fish and service is (looking) nice and friendly (and quick).

1  Thank Mitco