Just back fom this resort. Fantastic location nice hotel and staff were very friendly. We were upgraded to a seaview room and we had an amazing view. The pools are great but salt water and cold - not ideal with. Beach was nice but on the small side.
Having stayed at various 5* properties around the world, this is definitely not one. Lack of basic amenities in the room, eg no tea/coffee making facilities or iron (not even available on request). You have to pay to have your clothes ironed! Rooms ok but not luxurious at all.
Restaurants are limited and expensive. Only one choice for dinner which will cost you Eur50 pp including children who have to pay Eur25 per child. Buffet lunch isnt much cheaper - Eur40pp. Most hotels allow children under 4 to eat free, but not this one. Next option is room service. The menu is very limited and not ideal and will cost you Eur8 pp to be delivered. They need to offer more choice in food and restaurants or have the shuttle service to take you to Porto Cervo (they do have one but very limited and stops at 6.30pm) where there are more choices. Shuttle service needs to be operated later that 7pm to allow guests more choice. But I guess the hotel would lose out on revenue if guests went elsewhere, therefore unless you have a car or mega rich, you are stuck for food choices!
To prove the hotel is just after your money - they just hosted The Rolex Party for the yacht crews and us guests had to pay Eur70 pp for dinner instead of the usual Eur50 for the privilege! Expect prices to go up even more now after this event.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first time visitor of COLONNA RESORT, which is about 2 Km from Marina of Porto Cervo, is struck by the orderliness, by the streets, by the villas, the lawns, the rocks, the perfume of the wild vegetation, by the view of the entrance way of the old port of Porto Cervo, that harbors, in the medium and high season, the most beautiful and exclusive boats in the world. THE HOTEL The COLONNA RESORT extends in an area of about 60.000 m², near of the "Cala Granu" beach, in the north of Porto Cervo. The Resort, with sober lines typical of Mediterranean architectural style, it's surrounded by a 50'000 m² park spotted with strawberry trees, myrtle plants and junipers, where the sea, the hills and the surrounding green are the natural frame of this exclusive dwelling, dominated, often, by granite of its confinement walls. Building, sea and nature fuse in perfection, in a unique scenery of rare beauty. THE ROOMS The Resort includes 250 rooms, with numerous deluxe and Suites, almost all of them with balconies or terraces with sea view, luxuriously furnished with every comfort. All the rooms are reachable through various central lifts from a grand hallway situated in the entrance of the Resort. THE RESOURCES 2 restaurants and 2 bars, open spaces for meeting or congress till 650 persons seated, complete the structure. The Resort also offers a Tennis Club with numerous courts and a practice field for Golf, in addition to various boutiques, wellness centre, private garages some of which covered, heliport, a hotel at the beach with the necessary solariums in wood, and coves cut out of the Northern Sardinia rocks. Other services include the choice of different field trips, by boat or with private cars, in addition to the renting of cars, motorbikes and chartering of speed boats. THE SWIMMING POOLS The pools of sea water with solariums, waterfalls, islands and hydro massage corners, are located on different levels and from the rooms reach out to sea, often with extraordinary waterfalls. The solarium and the pool have a surface area of about 8500 m2 . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Priceline, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Colonna Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonna Hotel Porto Cervo
- Colonna Resort Porto Cervo, Sardinia