General: We've spent 7 days at colonna beach hotel and absolutely loved it. Both, pool area and beach are wonderful. Though a large hotel, nothing ever felt crowded, the salt water pools are quite large and spread over levels with waterfalls and natural stones - very beautiful, just as the garden grounds, everything is well maintained, taken care of and nicely designed. The beach is small, but nonetheless stunning with both sandy areas and wood planked sides out into the water. Standard rooms are very nicely sized, decorated and very clean. Even though we had garden view, it actually still had the ocean view just behind it, lovely.
Area: costa smeralda is stunningly beautiful. Area wise, a car really is needed, it takes 30min to walk to the closest restaurant strip and the roads don't have sidewalks most of the way, making it unsuitable to walk with eg children. For additional areas, sights, markets and entertainment, a car is needed.
Sports: fitness centre is well equipped and good in size. For non-experts, equipment could be setup a bit more safely, by fixing machines to move less when in use and securing weights on more solid and cushioned stands. Having a golf driving ranch is great, but it would be helpful to be able to rent drivers and irons, which is not available. Swimming - pools and beach - is great.
Food: We only had dinner in the hotel once and were a bit disappointed - the price/quality ratio is not quite right. Breakfast was ok, nothing special though. Room service menu does not offer much and should be extended. Snacks available at pool and beach are good.
Service: housekeeping / room cleaning is very good. Outstanding service is provided by Lucia and Enea at the pool bar, which also offers food and services to the beach area. Lucia and Enea are truly exceptional, wonderful people, super sweet, extremely polite and accommodating, they get highest marks of all. They should be cloned in fact, as they actually work for 5. The pool and beach area is large and should at peak times really be serviced by a minimum of 4 people, not 2 - management should stock up on staff here to support the first class service that Lucia and Enea provide. The pool and beach guards are an excellent team, especially Matteo, who was our hero after a small, and self-inflicted, injury in the pool area. At reception, Claudio made a big difference, by being pro-active and thinking outside the box when we needed some postal support, and he really went the extra mile in service, absolutely great. Some of the staff managers on the other hand were a bit arrogant and should take an example on Lucia, Enea, Matteo and Claudio when it comes to service orientation and politeness towards all guests.
All in all: we loved it, paradise!!! We will come back :).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The first time visitor of COLONNA RESORT, which is about 2 Km from Marina of Porto Cervo, is struck by the orderliness, by the streets, by the villas, the lawns, the rocks, the perfume of the wild vegetation, by the view of the entrance way of the old port of Porto Cervo, that harbors, in the medium and high season, the most beautiful and exclusive boats in the world. THE HOTEL The COLONNA RESORT extends in an area of about 60.000 m², near of the "Cala Granu" beach, in the north of Porto Cervo. The Resort, with sober lines typical of Mediterranean architectural style, it's surrounded by a 50'000 m² park spotted with strawberry trees, myrtle plants and junipers, where the sea, the hills and the surrounding green are the natural frame of this exclusive dwelling, dominated, often, by granite of its confinement walls. Building, sea and nature fuse in perfection, in a unique scenery of rare beauty. THE ROOMS The Resort includes 250 rooms, with numerous deluxe and Suites, almost all of them with balconies or terraces with sea view, luxuriously furnished with every comfort. All the rooms are reachable through various central lifts from a grand hallway situated in the entrance of the Resort. THE RESOURCES 2 restaurants and 2 bars, open spaces for meeting or congress till 650 persons seated, complete the structure. The Resort also offers a Tennis Club with numerous courts and a practice field for Golf, in addition to various boutiques, wellness centre, private garages some of which covered, heliport, a hotel at the beach with the necessary solariums in wood, and coves cut out of the Northern Sardinia rocks. Other services include the choice of different field trips, by boat or with private cars, in addition to the renting of cars, motorbikes and chartering of speed boats. THE SWIMMING POOLS The pools of sea water with solariums, waterfalls, islands and hydro massage corners, are located on different levels and from the rooms reach out to sea, often with extraordinary waterfalls. The solarium and the pool have a surface area of about 8500 m2 . ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TravelUp, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Colonna Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Colonna Hotel Porto Cervo
- Colonna Resort Porto Cervo, Sardinia