“Paradise - will come back.”
Review of Colonna Resort

Colonna Resort
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Porto Cervo
Ukunda, Kenya
“Paradise - will come back.”
Reviewed July 13, 2012

General: We've spent 7 days at colonna beach hotel and absolutely loved it. Both, pool area and beach are wonderful. Though a large hotel, nothing ever felt crowded, the salt water pools are quite large and spread over levels with waterfalls and natural stones - very beautiful, just as the garden grounds, everything is well maintained, taken care of and nicely designed. The beach is small, but nonetheless stunning with both sandy areas and wood planked sides out into the water. Standard rooms are very nicely sized, decorated and very clean. Even though we had garden view, it actually still had the ocean view just behind it, lovely.

Area: costa smeralda is stunningly beautiful. Area wise, a car really is needed, it takes 30min to walk to the closest restaurant strip and the roads don't have sidewalks most of the way, making it unsuitable to walk with eg children. For additional areas, sights, markets and entertainment, a car is needed.

Sports: fitness centre is well equipped and good in size. For non-experts, equipment could be setup a bit more safely, by fixing machines to move less when in use and securing weights on more solid and cushioned stands. Having a golf driving ranch is great, but it would be helpful to be able to rent drivers and irons, which is not available. Swimming - pools and beach - is great.

Food: We only had dinner in the hotel once and were a bit disappointed - the price/quality ratio is not quite right. Breakfast was ok, nothing special though. Room service menu does not offer much and should be extended. Snacks available at pool and beach are good.

Service: housekeeping / room cleaning is very good. Outstanding service is provided by Lucia and Enea at the pool bar, which also offers food and services to the beach area. Lucia and Enea are truly exceptional, wonderful people, super sweet, extremely polite and accommodating, they get highest marks of all. They should be cloned in fact, as they actually work for 5. The pool and beach area is large and should at peak times really be serviced by a minimum of 4 people, not 2 - management should stock up on staff here to support the first class service that Lucia and Enea provide. The pool and beach guards are an excellent team, especially Matteo, who was our hero after a small, and self-inflicted, injury in the pool area. At reception, Claudio made a big difference, by being pro-active and thinking outside the box when we needed some postal support, and he really went the extra mile in service, absolutely great. Some of the staff managers on the other hand were a bit arrogant and should take an example on Lucia, Enea, Matteo and Claudio when it comes to service orientation and politeness towards all guests.

All in all: we loved it, paradise!!! We will come back :).

Room Tip: Go for garden view, as mostly, this includes sea view, too.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Dear Guest,

as Manager of the Colonna Resort, I thank you for choosing our hotel, and use your time to show your great opinion with other people on Tripadvisor, about your stay in our hotel.

I send you my Best Thank for your compliments that you have written to the hotel, for the our staff, for the beach. I send you a special thanks from Enea, Lucia, Matteo and Claudio, for your compliments that you have sent to them.

We hope to have again as dear guest, to try to give you an even better treatment, in every way.

We Hoping to give you a welcome in Porto Cervo, and remain at your disposal for any need or request,

Porto Cervo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Czech first
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed June 23, 2012

We just arrived back from holiday in Colonna resort. I have to say that there is a fantastic chief cook , the dinner (four courses) are incredible delicious and it is a first quality italian cuisine. We travel a lot, and the services provided by the main waiter Roberto are the best we have ever seen. He, his colleague Federico and the whole staff are helpful and are prepared to fulfill all your wishes. They are real old school experts and it was a pleasure to dine there for 9 days. The dinner was every time the highlight of the day.
The beach is small but very cozy and beautiful. The swimming pools with salt water are great. But there is one huge minus. All over the pool are installed squawk boxes. From morning till evening every day you must hear the loud music, without opportunity to hide anywhere, because not only pool area, but the whole public space of the hotel (terraces, entrance, wellness) is covered with the music. We live in a big city, and one of the main reason to book Colonna resort was, that it seems to be a calm location separated from a big traffic. We wished to enjoy silence and the sounds of the sea, waves and wind and didn't want to spend the whole day listening to crazy mix of psychedelic music. This combined with grass-cutter machines, whole days working in the (beautiful) big garden changed our experience in a nightmare. Good luck was, that at the beach is still without this music boxes.

Room Tip: all the standard rooms are quite dark - look for higher floor
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Petra F
, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Dear Guest,

as Manager of the Colonna Resort, I thank you for choosing our hotel, and use your time to show your opinion with other people on Tripadvisor.

I send you my Best Thank for your compliments that you have written to the hotel, for a room, for cleaning, kitchen, for restaurant service and Roberto e Federico, fo beach and Swimming pool.

I am very very sorry to read your negative opinion about the music, and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to change your think.

the music is just a light background, but after your report we have changed the music by putting more low for not disturbing.

We appreciate your recommendations and we will use it constructively to better supervise the services we offer, so that others can have Your own feeling.

We hope to have again as dear guest, to give a welcome in Porto Cervo, and remain at your disposal for any need or request,

I send you my best regards.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This hotel is FANTASTIC! The service is excellent and the location is absolutely beautiful. It is located about a 10 minute taxi ride past Porto Cervo and Porto Cervo marina. The only negative is the limited hours for breakfast and dinner, but this may have been because were early in the season. I recommend that if you fly into Olbia, you rent a car and drive yourself. The fare from the Olbia airport to the Colonna Resort was almost 100 Euro; plus with a car, you can easily get to Golfo Aranci, Baia Sardinia and any other town in the north.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Matt D
, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
as Director of the Colonna Resort, I take this opportunity to thank you for choosing our Hotel, and he devoted much time to write a review on to your stay with us.

First of all thank you for the compliments addressed to the service and the location.

In the hope of being able to extend a warm welcome back to Porto Cervo, and remain at your disposal for any need or request, I take this opportunity to send you my best Regards.

Colonna Resort,
5 ***** Porto Cervo
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Marvellous place. Ideal for both beach and pools. Staff were very polite and helpful. There were always beds by the pool at your disposal and what a pool, an artistic work!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank joanne k
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this review, February 14, 2012

as Manager of the Colonna Resort, I can take this opportunity to send my
thanks for have dedicated your time to write a nice review about your stay at Colonna Resort, and for the compliments that you've turned to our hotel and Staff.

I send you a special thanks from all the staff, which has been honored to serve you during your stay with us.

We hope to give you, again, Welcome to Porto Cervo, and remain at your disposal for any need or request,

Colonna Resort , 5*****
England
Reviewed November 16, 2011

This hotel was very disappointing, but thankfully we went out of season and were not paying peak prices.
The hotel itself is beautiful, if a little too large. The grounds and pool area are great, however the pool should be heated; it was freezing! The breakfasts were great, lots of choice and replenished often, you could even help yourself to a glass of proscecco! The rooms were also fine, plenty of space, with a large balcony, which was all kept clean and tidy.
However lots of improvements must be made to this hotel if it wants to be respected as a five star. The staff were incredibly rude, one lady in particular caused problems for us throughout our stay. The room service menu must be extended from 2/3 options. All the food in the hotel is incredibly expensive and of below average quality. I really expected more from a hotel in this location, and I hope these improvements are made as I would then definitely return.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
7 Thank lgy101
Dear Guest,

I send you my Best Thank for your compliments that you have written to the hotel, for breackfast, for a room, for cleaning.

I am very very sorry to read your negative review, and that you did not appreciate the staff, and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to change your think.

We appreciate your recommendations and we will use it constructively to better supervise the services we offer, so that others can't have Your same opinion.

Hoping we can again give a welcome in Porto Cervo, and remain at your disposal for any need or request,

I send you my Best Regards.

Gassin
Reviewed September 22, 2011

The hotel is not so bad,but the staff at the restaurant is really not professional, the reception staff too.For the price you are payng and the location I really expected more,and to the manager that probably will answer...........I 'm really talking about Colonna beach resort,not about another hotel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
12 Thank Gigy1960
Dear Gigy 1960,

as Director of the Colonna Resort, I thank you for choosing our hotel, and use your time to show your opinion with other people on Tripadvisor.

I am very very sorry to read your negative review, and that you did not appreciate the restaurant and receprion staff, and we hope that you will give us the opportunity to change your think.

But, I'm sorry to read your discontent only now after your departure, because if I had only heard news, during your stay, I would try in every way and with all my possibilities, to help you, to enjoy a better stay.

Our greatest satisfaction is to transform the holiday of every our guest in an happy experience.
Instead we're sorry, after working every day with this idea, if this isn't sufficient to make a good stay for our guests, and not be able to improve it.

I send you my best regards.

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed September 22, 2011

My wife and I have enjoyed an unforgettable experience in this wonderful hotel in a beautiful environment, great comfort, tranquility, and an absolutely extraordinary service by all staff and management.
Very well located in Porto Cervo.
Congratulations!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Enrique M
Stefano-Lai, Direttore generale at Colonna Resort, responded to this review, September 23, 2011

as Manager of the Colonna Resort, I can take this opportunity to send my

Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna
Pullman Timi Ama Sardegna
#4 of 33 in Villasimius
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,250 reviews

Been to Colonna Resort? Share your experiences!