Saline Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$89
Hotels.com
Hotel Villaggio Tabu'(Palinuro)(Great Value!)
$71
Il Rifugio(Palinuro)
$54
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsitalian familiesgreat ideasun loungersshuttle busfootballnaplestransfervillagefleetwayalternativessearelaxationitalians
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 31, 2009

My wife and I took this as a last minute holiday recommended by the travel agent. If you want to get away from it all and experience Italy as the italians do then we highly recommend the hotel and area.
Outside of the hotel there were many wonderfull towns, villages to visit and explore. A car is definitely required for the freedom to do this.
Its about a three hour drive from Napoli - don't use the sat nav route as it takes across country and along the narrow mountain roads - a night mare if you have never driven in italy or on the "wrong side" of the road before.
The hotel was perfect - we cannot complain about anything. We were the only "non Italians" in the hotel but rather than have a negative effect it made the holiday kind of special. I would recommend this hotel for couples wishing to have a quiet relaxing and romantic break.
We would definitely consider returning.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 31, 2008

My family and I expeiaced a wounderful staff Led by francisco. The Dining was good and Anthony catered to our requests. The ocean was tranquil and very plesent for my entire family. The boys 4 and 1 had a blast. The town was pleasent in the evening and all around the value was exelent.. As an Itialian american whho has lived and traveled throu-out Italy I can say the experiance is worth the journey from Napoli.

Ciao, e Buona Fortuna Saline

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 4, 2008

My family stayed here for 5 days and we had a great time. The rooms were clean and were a good size. The staff was friendy and very helpful. The director( Francesco) always greeted us and asked how our stay was which gave us a very welcomed feeling. The pool and beach were right there, and there was always beach chairs and umbrellas. The beach was clean water was fantastic. If you have kids the kids club was awesome. They welcomed our children and tried there best to make them feel included even though our kids didnt speak Italian.. Great place to stay loved it!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank mrsiov
Reviewed August 10, 2007

The Saline hotel is situated about 2-3 hours from naples and capadochino airport in a small port town. It is quite remote, and there were no other english/german/dutch people staying there. The staff were both friendly and helpful and gave us free lifts up to town when they were not scheduled to. I would definitely not reccomend walking up to the town, there is no path and there is a dog which barks at you! The hotel food does not have much variety so if eating out try De Isedora pizzaria which is towards the end of the high street. One thing that was annouying was that the swimming pool closes at 2:30 and re-opens at 4:30, and on our second to last day there was a small poo in the pool, the suspected culprit a young toddler who roamed about naked. I would consider coming back but the airport transfer and food let it down.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank goalkeeper123
Reviewed October 11, 2006

The hotel is in a fantastic location right on a sandy beach about 15 minutes walk from the town. You can walk along the main road but at night, with no footpath, you have to take care (take a torch). During the day you can also take a path alongside the beach which cuts out the worst of the road but it's all uphill for the last 200 metres! There is a shuttle bus to take you into town but the service is limited and the last bus back at night is 22.15! In September the town was really quiet (too quiet for my daughter and her friend who are more used to the bustle of Sorrento) but my wife and I loved it.
Although the hotel is in a lovely position and was certainly clean and tidy, a few things let it down and in my opinion it failed to live up to its 4* rating. I would describe the food as adequate but unimaginative with a choice of 3 starters and 3 main courses. There were never any hot vegetables for 'contorno', the choice was salad or salad. We were there for the last two weeks of opening and because the hotel was 'running down' we found that some evenings in the last week there were two veal dishes for main course, no still mineral water and by the Thursday, no beer!
The only other thing that slightly spoiled the stay was the arrival on the second Saturday of a group of mainly elderly German tourists who had obviously been evicted from Faliraki. They were up at 6.00 most mornings for day trips, banging doors or drawers and holding loud conversations in the corridors before stripping the restaurant of most of the food.
With a few minor improvements this could be a really good hotel and, with its position in one of the most spectacular parts of Italy, one to which I would consider returning.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled with family