“Wonderful experience!”

and 1 more site!
Casa Rubini
Ranked #4 of 37 Paestum B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 13, 2013

As independent travelers, we ended up staying for 4 nights because we so much enjoyed our lovely room in this intimate and charming B&B. Our host and owner Domenico (who also speaks excellent English) and staff made us feel very welcome and accommodated. We loved the convivial atmosphere and delicious food from the small bar and osteria below us which also seems to be a popular meeting spot for locals with live music some evenings. And the location is perfect for exploring the surrounding ancient ruins, superb archaeological museum and the peaceful countryside. Paestum is well worth venturing off the beaten track of your typical Italian tour.

Room Tip: All rooms are up at least one flight of stairs and no elevator for the "stair-impaired".
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank yanadevi

Reviewed October 29, 2013

After a very long flight and a train ride, Casa Rubini was a welcome relief. Within a relatively short walk from the train station, this B&B had nice rooms, great breakfast and an even better staff. It is also located next to the Greek ruins. I was made to feel very welcome and wish I could have stayed more than one night. The dinner I had was of local dishes and was very good. Domenico even offered to take me to the train station the next morning. I really have nothing bad to say about this place... Thank you, Domenico (and staff) for making the first place I stayed on my first trip to Italy a memorable experience. I hope I get the chance to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank sevinx
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We found this place quickly 'by accident' when visiting Paestum for one day. It was close enough to the train station and the owned was kind enough to take us to the station by car the next morning. Very nice, recently beatifully renovated, small and cozy place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank E-stoned
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Located 'in the backyard' of the Paestum excavations site this bed and breakfast was an excellent choice for my stay in Paestum. Very friendly people, nice interior design of the recently reniewed rooms, tasty breakfast and reasonably prised.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Filip C
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We liked Casa Rubini so much we stayed there twice on our last trip to Italy, once on our drive from Rome's airport to Sicily, and then on our way back up the coast. The B&B is literally next door to Paestum's ancient greek temples. At night you can take a walk and see all three temples lit up. The proprietor greeted us both times with glasses of wine, and overall the food and drink in the restaurant (which serves dinner as well as breakfast...only the latter is complimentary but the dinner is very reasonably priced and made with local produce) was extremely good as well. Some rooms have a/c, others have ceiling fans, but we were very comfortable in both rooms we stayed in with just the ceiling fan and the windows open. The bathrooms are a bit small, but each room is unique and the property is beautifully restored old farm house. The hospitably cannot be beat. I would highly recommend this hotel based on the quality of our stay, the location, and the affordable price.

Room Tip: The sun room was a bit larger than the water room and had more windows with a better view. The rooms...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank KellerIsaacs
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

Casa Rubini is the perfect place to stay if you want to visit the ruins. Not only is it right next to them but the service you get there is the best! We were welcomed with a cold drink and great info about the area. The dinner they offer there is fantastic - for both taste and value. €15 for a full meal and drinks - all local food and wine! Highly recommend eating here when you stay in Paestum. The staff are so hospitable and we enjoyed their company :) It was very hot when we were there, with no a/c - but the ceiling fan and cool nights helped keep the room cool while sleeping.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Tieha
Reviewed March 3, 2013

The exterior of the hotel blends into the ruins of the ancient city walls. Inside, you'll find very tasteful, modern rooms, and the friendliest, nicest people you could ask for. I spent two weeks in Italy, and my stay here was the highlight of the trip. The owner was very freindly, and welcoming. The proximity to the ruins is perfect. I remember thinking on arrival that it is an old building. I was completely knocked out by the interior. In the evening I went down to the common room to use the internet, and the staff and owner were just as warm and welcoming as family. I felt supremely relaxed and comfortable. What a great place!

Room Tip: There are three rooms. Take any.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo