Savoy Beach Hotel
$81
$107
$89
  • Pool
Hotel Villa Rita(Paestum)(Great Value!)
$88
$74
Agoda.com
$89
Hotel Royal(Paestum)(Great Value!)
$66
All reviewsjunior suitean excellent hotelfine diningwedding hotellarge terracefresh fruitpalm treesswimming poolpoolside barbreakfast was amazingper daygreco romanwonderful restauranteggs and baconmodern hoteltaking placehotel guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 20, 2010

We stayed at the hotel for 6 nights and had a thoroughly restful and good time. The De Luxe room was large, very well equipped and spotlessly clean, though the view from the balcony was slightly compromised by the veranda just under it which covers the outside dining area for the restaurant; I would ask for a room above the 1st floor in future. The beach nearby is lovely, and umbrellas and loungers were provided free (though you have to pay for towels so it's worth taking your own). The pool is absolutely excellent, with comfortable loungers, and surrounded by very nice, well maintained gardens. We took the half board option, which gives a four course dinner or lunch for 25 euros per person. The food was exceptional: the chef changes the menu every day, and has a fantastic feel for good food. I would say this was outstanding value for money, and made for a very relaxing end to the day. My only quibbles are that, although many of the staff were extremely helpful, there were a couple whom we didn't find very friendly, and one particularly unhelpful receptionist, who gave us very little help or guidance getting the train back to Naples at the end of the holiday (and sent us off in a taxi to Capaccio where she said there was a ticket office (which there wasn't). The town of Paestum is very nice, but if you are walking in, beware. One of the roads in is very busy, with no pavements and it felt extremely dangerous to walk along with traffic travelling at 100kmh sometimes performing quite brave overtaking manoeuvres! Finally, the hotel does an excellent wedding business (lovely place to get married from what we observed, if you are thinking of an Italian wedding!). However, it is worth saying that this meant that on the Saturday and Sunday when we were there, guests from the weddings were walking all round the pool in wedding clothes. We felt a bit uncomfortable and it would have been nice if there had been an area put aside for hotel guests. In sum, some quibbles, but an excellent hotel; we will definiely return. NB If you are travelling by train a good tip is to buy your tickets from a tabacchi; they are much cheaper. You need to buy tickets from Paestum before you travel because there is no ticket office at the station. There is a little tabacchi on the main road that the ruins are on, which also doubles as a souvenir shop and newsagents. It has a clear sign outside saying 'bigletti' on it.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jen241
Reviewed February 22, 2010

Wait until you experience the restaurant – Immense - Ramsay can eat his hat.
My wife and I were fortunate enough to spend a portion of our honeymoon at Savoy Beach Resort Peastum. We stayed for 4 nights and throughally enjoyed our stay.
Upon arrival we were greeted by a friendly and good English speaking receptionist. Our room was clean, well presented and equipped with AC, satellite TV and a beautiful bathroom. The pool area is clean and well maintained.
Our stay was made extra special by the staff. The porters, the waiters, the receptionists, the chefs and especially the front desk manager, all made our honeymoon extra special. Nothing is too much to ask. This is a family run ‘resort’ and the service you will receive will make you glad you didn’t choose another main stream name.
The restaurant – what can I say. Breakfast – Buffet of fresh fruit, juices, breads, cakes, cereal and you may order what ever you like from the kitchen. Lunch – 4 courses, all of which are delightful. Dinner – 4 more delightful dishes. Every dish is pulsating with freshness. The chefs work is top draw, you will not be disappointed. The lunch and diner menus are similar but we didn’t have an issue with that. My advice would be to ask what is on the evening menu and vary your lunch choice. Sometimes lunch can be a little too much. However the staff are more than happy to accommodate your requests. For example one day I asked for a selection of cheese, ham and salad, and my request was replied with ‘Of course sir’.
The all-inclusive drinks allowance could maybe be improved a little, however a quarter of a bottle of wine or beer (pp) is offered with your evening meal.
A special mention must go to the front desk manager (Dom). We had a situation with our rental car and Dom took it upon himself to rectify it. Numerous phone calls with the rental company were exchanged and rather than stopping at the first hurdle he continued on his quest until he had fully resolved our issue – something I don’t think a concierge at a Hilton Hotel would have done. His staff all seem happy and are extremely pleasant, he is certainly doing a great job.
Very relaxing resort, close to ruins and not far from Naples. Make sure Savoy Beach Resort features in your itinerary. I understand the other review – in terms of the hotels you drive past on the way to Savvoy – however you really don’t need to leave the hotel. I would recommend spending some time at the local historic sights and perhaps a visit to Salerno for a little shopping, but the most enjoyable experience will be within the hotel.
Saying goodbye to Dom and all the staff was hard work. It was even harder to decide which staff to tip. In the end we tipped everyone including the chefs. The food was so good I personally visited the kitchens to shake the chefs hands and personally thank them all. I would recommend this hotel to anyone – Fantastic.
Only slight complaint – the gardens could do with a little more TLC.
Thank you everyone at Savoy…!!! See you again soon…!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank john007121
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Very elegant hotel in the surroundings of Paestum: rooms are quite big, well maintaned and comfortable, bathroom was spotless.
I was there for business in low season so I couldn't enjoy garden and pool, which look beautiful anyway.
Location is not the best because it's not close to the beach nor to the archeological area.
Breakfast is good, with a good choice, but the sfogliatelle were clearly a frozen product: that's a pity because you're just in the native land of sfogliatelle and babà!
Prices seem to be reasonable for a ****L: 130-250 euros

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2009

Very good, liked the host. Great surroundings with ruins, free beach, close to Salerno and Napoli.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2008

I was traveling with my 14 year old son and we booked this wonderful hotel for three nights. From the time we checked in until the time we left, the staff could not have been more wonderful and solicitous. They were attentive and helpful in every way, including when our taxi driver stood us up at midnight, stranding us, and the hotel night manager came himself to pick us up! The accomodations were outstanding, comfortable, clean rooms, lovely lobby and pool area, and excellent restaurant with a well thought out regional cuisine. The beach, with a section reserved for hotel guests with umbrellas, is only a one minute walk away. I will stay there again when I return to Paestum, a wonderful and fascinating place to visit.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)