Yes, intriguing. From the outside, built like a Florida Villa. Inside, huge impressive lobby with marble everywhere but no people. 47 rooms apparently, but it seems during the day at least everyone is out sightseeing so the place appears almost deserted, so no real atmosphere to speak of. Clean and quiet rooms, and the staff very courteous and helpful - special mention to Valeria in reception.
1) free wifi or use of computer in the lobby area
2) the pool, which is lovely
1) take your own beach towel for the pool, otherwise they will charge you 5 euros to 'rent' a beach towel - incredible!
2)unlike some previous reviews, not impressed by the food in the restaurant. Found it pretentious with strange combinations of ingredients. Beautifully presented, but more form than substance. Not as expensive as you might guess, but we enjoyed the food more at the Athena restaurant on the beach, where the atmosphere was much more relaxed.
3) We received a complimentary 'upgrade' to Junior suite - 'with a balcony'. The balcony consisted of a long 40 foot expanse of tiles over the canopy at the front of the hotel with plainly unfinished side walls with lights hanging down on cables. Great room, but please finish the balcony work first
4) had some issues with service in the restaurant - wrong orders delivered late. The manager was most apologetic, but the kitchen seemed to have a problem getting the right order out in a reasonable time.
I'd recommend the hotel in spite of this - the ruins at Paestum are magnificent - see them illuminated at night to great effect!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Savoy Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Savoy Beach
- Savoy Beach Paestum