“Great location.”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2019

The restaurant has a excellent selection of local seafood and a good local wine list with a few gems. A four minute walk from the temples, as good as it gets in an area not known for expensive outlets.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed September 15, 2018 via mobile

So happy to have remembered this place from 20 years ago. It was as beautiful as I remembered. We enjoy dinner in the garden looking out at the Greek temples. Service was professional, food very good. For the balance of view and quality I would highly recommend a lunch or dinner if visiting the temples.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed August 26, 2018 via mobile

We had a pasta in this restaurant... It was overcookt and salty. Thhe waiters were not friendly, only the older waiter was very attendly! Not a place to go again.. go 300 meters to bistro73 and your dinner wil be perfect for the same price!!!;

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018

I was asked if I had a reservation, whilst the restaurant was 3/4 empty and requested two glasses of white wine and received a small a 250 ml bottle of house wine. On the bill I was charged for two bottles and when I queried the bill I was told that I was charged for two because I shared with my wife...unreal!!!!

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed May 19, 2018

We chose to eat indoors, rather than the outside dining area (which was crowded), a beautiful, elegant high-ceilinged room. Service seemed rather offhand at first, our bread being dropped on the table in passing (although to be fair this was not the same person who served our food). We chose 2 dishes each to be split mezzo-mezzo, always a wise decision in Italy owing to portion size. We started with vermicelli all Anfitrite (pasta cooked in a sauce of sweet peppers and anchovy). This was absolutely superb, cooked to perfection. My wife then caused ructions asking where the anchovies were, the waiter smiled and smothered laughter by pointing out that they were part of the sauce, not whole fillets! We then shared a plate of mixed fried seafood: calamari, 3 types of prawn, anchovies and one or two small fish we couldn't identify. The lightest of batters and cooked to perfection. Considering we'd eaten half portions the total size of each dish was huge for us. Accompanied by a reasonable bottle of local white wine and two coffees the total bill €50! Exceptional food and exceptional prices.
Incidentally we returned to have a drink outside in the evening, We were immediately welcomed and recognised due to the "anchovy" incident (much hilarity!). It was wonderful to sit and gaze at the floodlit ruins in the warm evening at 9.30 pm.
If you are visiting Paestum you should make this a definite stop to eat. If you mention "our lady of the anchovies" you may bring a smile to their faces!

Date of visit: June 2017