“Valentina B&B”

Ranked #13 of 54 Orvieto B&B and Inns
San Jose, California
“Valentina B&B”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Good location if you're willing to find your way in a walled city. Parking was provided by the B&B at a rate of 20 Euros per night. Rooms were clean and quaint with breakfast delivered to your room. Staff was very helpful. Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Pay cash for discount.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eladioq

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Oviedo, Florida
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was surprised to find such a comfy bed in Italy. Perhaps there is a memory foam mattress topper but whatever, it was so nice.
The B & B was a little hard to find - we drove and got a little turned around so we just parked and walked to the inn. The innkeeper happily walked back to our car with us and took us to the private, gated parking lot. Now that is service!
The location of the B&B is very central to all the action - the Duomo, underground tour, the stores and restaurants.

Room Tip: Our second floor room by the street was very quiet.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank trvlbug75
chicago
Reviewed July 19, 2013

My partner and I were staying in Rome for 5 days post Med cruise. We decided to take the train and do a day trip to Orvieto, Once we arrived, we fell in love with the town and decided to stay overnight. At a cafe where we had stopped for capuccinos, our waitress told us about Valentina's and called to see if they had rooms. Valentina sent Shirley over to pick us up and walk us back for a tour of her B&B. She offered us 2 rooms, one with a terrace and one without. We took the one with the terrace. It was FABULOUS. Spacious, roomy, clean, impecably decorated with Italian period pieces, a large bathroom, and a full kitchen. We could not want for anything else. It also included breakfast and they served the best capuccino we had on our trip and the feshest croissants. The location was PERFECT. Right in the heart of Orvieto; less than a 2 min walk to clock tower and 5 min to Duomo. We hope to return for another cruise in Feb and I would like to spend a few days in Orvieto as a base for exploring Umbria. There is no question where I will stay; at Valentina's!!!!!!

Room Tip: Second story room at top of stairs has a wondefully private terrace overlooking the palace.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cubella59
Eolo1935, Proprietario at Valentina Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Dear Alicia
Thank you for appreciating my B&B and especially my staff I Will wait for you in February and One day I hope to come to see your nice resort and visit you.
Have a nice week end
Thanks again
Valentina
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 7 nights in Orvieto as our base for travelling through Umbria. We chose Valentina B&B because of its central location and value for money and we were not disappointed. Whilst the rooms are traditionally Italian, they are spacious and above all else spotlessly clean. We loved Orvieto as a town and the staff at Valentina made our stay truly memorable - could not do enough for us, even reconfigured my iPad for local WiFi. Clean towels every day and an simple but great breakfast delivered to your room. Secure parking is available close by for 10 euros a day. Bit difficult to find as GPS was erratic and streets are very narrow - worth it when you arrive.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. Just great for a snack and drink at the end of each day.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David T
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Good sized room at a nice run BnB. It's a little hard to find as the sign is on the wall rather than sticking out in to the street.
The owner gave us a map highlighting a nearby good restaurant, information centre etc. We would come back and stay here again

Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Horrible! In friendly staff. We had a 7 day stay and checked out after 3 days. Rude staff took away our air cond after it was record heat. Small room had to share bathroom never gave us fresh towels no breakfast. Some people received breakfast and some didn't like us.

• Stayed June 2013
Eolo1935, Proprietario at Valentina Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
Dear Madame
As you have been so bad with me I want to' tell you something.
The Chef pays for your room just few euro I don't want to' tell you how many but you can ask him, if he is honest he Will tell you the truth.
I gave air conditiong and a fan I offer to' change room at the same price that chef would pay me. I rent a double with breakfast at euro 75.00/80.00 if you knew what the chef pays for your room probably you would be' more kind!!
My staff Are all very nice especially Shirley that shows you different solutions and your husband accept it then you change your idea
If you paid 80.00 you Are right to' complain but not with me .
Best regards
Valentina
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Orvieto was definitely one of the best places we stayed on our trip and this B&B suited our needs nicely. The location was fantastic, Christina was very helpful in suggesting places to eat etc. If you have a car then I would suggest booking parking which is 10 euro a day.

The breakfast was very simple continental.

The only item that could do with some work is the shower but this did not detract from the experience.