“Nice view of the valley in the old town”
Review of Grand Hotel Italia

Grand Hotel Italia
Ranked #20 of 30 Hotels in Orvieto
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Had a pleasant stay here. Our room had a beautiful view of the valley. The room was extremely large by any country's standards, and the bathroom was large and well-appointed. Breakfast was fine. The location could not be beat, tucked away in the old city of Orvieto - lots of atmosphere and easy to reach the keys spots in town.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank CapeCodDiva
There are newer reviews for Grand Hotel Italia

Reviewed November 1, 2013

My family of four stayed here for one night. We had a lovely experience-clean room, friendly staff, and a delicious and filling breakfast provided in the morning. It was a prime location for exploring the town. The room was a little small, I'm sure had we stayed longer than a night the close quarers would have been more of a problem, but for our short stay this hotel was perfect.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We planned to stay for a couple of nights, but, we left after the first one. The hotel is well located, near lots of restos and shops. Rooms are small, beds are almost comfortable. Bathroom is small - shower size discourages one from eating pasta every day. Would love to have had more than one plug in the room. Parking is a bit of a pain in the pants if you are there the night before Market Day. Breakfast was okay. Very nice, helpful front desk staff.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank itchyfeetRTW
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had a double room (double bed). The room had a nice size closet, TV (no English speaking channels), hair dryer, soap, shampoo, conditioner, bidet , not sure if a/c works well because the outside temp at end of May was pleasant. There are 2 straight back chairs and a desk, a safe in the room big enough for an ipad. no iron or wash clothes. There is a frig. Ice is hard to come by but they have it if you ask. There is a bar and a small eating area but not sure if they serve meals all day. I don't believe they have wifi, but there are computers available to use. The hotel is located nicely in area for walking to the Dumo, shops, bars/ restaurants.
We would stay there again

The city is very quaint and a wonderful place to vacation

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank wheretonext123
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed in this lovely hotel for 14 nights in July 2013. My room, 312, had a double bed and an armoire, a desk and chair. It was large as far as European standards go. I was fortunate to have a small terrace that did double duty as my clothes line. :)

My bathroom was quite narrow. The toilet smaller than normal and you had to sit a little to the side. LOL. This did not bother me at all!

I did go buy my own hangers for 5 euro to make things easier for me. I jus wanted to unpack and be organized.

There is a lovely terrace on the third floor, which is for all to share. Our group took full advantage of this!

There is an ample variety of breakfast options including fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, yogurt, cereal, fresh rolls and juices. I always found something to eat.

Staff is very accommodating. Location in the town is central and convenient to all the sites!

I would definitely stay here should I be fortunate enough to visit Orvieto in the future.

Room Tip: The higher the better but the 3rd floor is convenient for using the outdoor terrace.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank opal91086
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Small room, and I mean SMALL. The doors can't completely open as they smash against the bed all the time, including the door of the minibar. Small tv with only a very few channels, and only one plug to charge your appliances.
Very small bathroom, VERY small. If you are claustrophobic you would never be able to shower, as the shower is that small you can't even turn around...
Breakfast is ridiculous for a four star hotel, very small choice, and I hate the fruit juice coming from an automated machine.
Very friendly staff. Shame.
Overall, I would not be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed on night in Orvieto but the hotel was really close to shops, lovely traditional restaurants and sites. Our room was lovely and spacious and the beds were really comfortable. The staff were cordial but still very helpful. The only issue we had was that our shower didn't seal properly and leaked under the door into the main room about a metre. Breakfast was average. We also had no issue with the bells waking us up during the night.

• Stayed: May 2013