Grand Hotel Italia
La Rupe(Orvieto)
Hotel Duomo(Orvieto)
Hotel Maitani(Orvieto)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsgreat locationtop floorbreakfast staffthe piazza del popolobit datedthe room was nicethird floorstaff was very friendly and helpfulfree wificommon areasthe hotel staffyogurtexploring orvietowould stay againone night stayglass of winebreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had a double room (double bed). The room had a nice size closet, TV (no English speaking channels), hair dryer, soap, shampoo, conditioner, bidet , not sure if a/c works well because the outside temp at end of May was pleasant. There are 2 straight back chairs and a desk, a safe in the room big enough for an ipad. no iron or wash clothes. There is a frig. Ice is hard to come by but they have it if you ask. There is a bar and a small eating area but not sure if they serve meals all day. I don't believe they have wifi, but there are computers available to use. The hotel is located nicely in area for walking to the Dumo, shops, bars/ restaurants.
We would stay there again

The city is very quaint and a wonderful place to vacation

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank wheretonext123
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We stayed in this lovely hotel for 14 nights in July 2013. My room, 312, had a double bed and an armoire, a desk and chair. It was large as far as European standards go. I was fortunate to have a small terrace that did double duty as my clothes line. :)

My bathroom was quite narrow. The toilet smaller than normal and you had to sit a little to the side. LOL. This did not bother me at all!

I did go buy my own hangers for 5 euro to make things easier for me. I jus wanted to unpack and be organized.

There is a lovely terrace on the third floor, which is for all to share. Our group took full advantage of this!

There is an ample variety of breakfast options including fresh fruit, eggs, bacon, yogurt, cereal, fresh rolls and juices. I always found something to eat.

Staff is very accommodating. Location in the town is central and convenient to all the sites!

I would definitely stay here should I be fortunate enough to visit Orvieto in the future.

Room Tip: The higher the better but the 3rd floor is convenient for using the outdoor terrace.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank opal91086
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Small room, and I mean SMALL. The doors can't completely open as they smash against the bed all the time, including the door of the minibar. Small tv with only a very few channels, and only one plug to charge your appliances.
Very small bathroom, VERY small. If you are claustrophobic you would never be able to shower, as the shower is that small you can't even turn around...
Breakfast is ridiculous for a four star hotel, very small choice, and I hate the fruit juice coming from an automated machine.
Very friendly staff. Shame.
Overall, I would not be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We only stayed on night in Orvieto but the hotel was really close to shops, lovely traditional restaurants and sites. Our room was lovely and spacious and the beds were really comfortable. The staff were cordial but still very helpful. The only issue we had was that our shower didn't seal properly and leaked under the door into the main room about a metre. Breakfast was average. We also had no issue with the bells waking us up during the night.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 3, 2013

We spent 2 nights in Orvieto, which is a lovely place.
We took a taxi from the station to the hotel, as it would be too far to walk with luggage from the funicular. We booked the same taxi driver to pick us up and take us back to the station, the day we left.
Our room was very large, on a corner, facing the street. It had 2 large windows, a couch and desk. The bathroom also had a window, a bath and it was quite large.
The trouble was the church bells at night. We could hear them all night long. Our matress was very hard.
The shower over the bath tended to flood the bathroom, no matter which way we turned it. The bathroom door was showing signs of being wet all the time.
Breakfast was included on room rate and we found it to be quite poor. Coffee came from machines, which we operated ourselves. They sometimes dispensed awful coffee and sometimes water! The only morning we saw eggs was when a large tour group stayed overnight. By the time we got to them, they were dry and hard. There were live weevils in the muesli and the choice of food was very slim. No one attended at breakfast time.
Internet was included but we couldn’t get connection in our room, so we had to resort to the lounge area.
Orvieto is very small and the hotel was a short walk from everything.
We spent 2 full days exploring it. There is plenty to do and see and some great places to eat.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple