“Well worth considering”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Orvieto
Bed & Breakfast Palazzo del Cardinale
Ranked #41 of 57 Orvieto B&B and Inns
New Zealand
“Well worth considering”
Reviewed November 27, 2009

My wife and I stayed 2 nights, with friends, and found the accomodation excellent. The host was lovely, welcoming, and the breakfast more than adequate. The only grump was a wedding party on one night, and a loud radio playing Mario Lanza into the early hours the next night. The off road car parking was a real bonus.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

stony brook new york
Reviewed October 22, 2009

I was delighted to stay two nights at this most wonderful B&B, which had been recommended by friends. My room, on the street side of the palazzo, was very quiet, especially at night when traffic in that part of town seems to stop completely. I was able to stroll to the back of the garden and look over to the valley below...a breathtaking view! In the daytime, I was able to easily walk to the center in about 5 minutes. The accomodation was the cleanest I've experienced, and had everything I needed. The host, Anna Valeria, was most accomodating. I know if I'd needed anything extra, she would have brought it at once! She is completely devoted to her guests and to the fine upkeep of the property. She even picked me up at the train! The breakfast was abundant, with eggs and great coffee and homemade jam for the croissants. I can't wait to return to Italy and to enjoy the calm beauty of the palazzo and Anna Valeria's hospitality.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank aubade24
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Reviewed October 12, 2009

Anna Valeria, how can we begin to thank you for such a magical night in Orvieto. Our greatest regret is that we only had one night at this Inn, no matter how tight your schedule, make room for at least 2 nights in Orvieto. It was here that we truly enjoyed the ambiance of Umbria, the locals, excellent food, and the Signorelli frescoes. We really felt at home, and agreed we will return. The view from our room with very private balcony was wonderful, we enjoyed a wonderful picnic of cheese, salami's, olives, and pastries, with of course, Orvieto to drink, a delicious dinner at a restaurant recommended by Valeria, and breakfast in an elegant dining room, with juice, beautiful fruit salad, eggs, yogurt and cereals, to choose from. Valeria picked us up at the train station, this was just above and beyond... The Inn is a family home, a palace of the Cardinal at one time, prestigious considering the Pope's use of Orvieto as his escape from Rome, that has been subdivided in to some apartments, and the Inn, and still home to Valeria. We felt so at home here, and are determined to return. All our best to all who will be enchanted by this wonderful Inn.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Ontario
Reviewed July 16, 2009

I can't see how anyone could say anything unfavourable about this place. The apartment itself (we stayed in the Blue loft) was roomy, quiet, tastefully decorated and clean. The host was gracious, helpful and generous. The breakfast was splendid, while Anna Valeria asks you what you would like her to prepare for you to suit your individual tastes; can't go wrong there! I would not hesitate to book here in the future, and can't imagine how another place could offer more...we only booked a 1 night stay this time around, but if we had known how wonderful Orvieto would be, we would have stayed longer! It is unfortunate, but please keep in mind that any construction or "parties" happening during your stay are NOT the fault of the owner...we stayed in May and the night was so quiet you could hear a pin drop!

Thanks for your hospitality Anna Valeria!

Andrew and Jennifer from Toronto, Canada

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong
Reviewed July 11, 2009

Valeria, the host, was very kind to pick us up at the railway station. I'd have been a difficult time if we have struggled to find the way, because the B&B was actually located at the far end side of the town from the railway station.

I think that the most disturbing thing was that the building was under renovation. The dirt and dust left a messy environment. And the worst thing of all was the noise. On the first evening that we stayed, which was a Thursday, there was a wedding in a church at the other corner of the town. But they used loud speakers till midnight, so that we heard their songs and speech all night. Unfortunately we were arranged to stay at the room near the road side, we could hear everything people talked when they walked along. And I don't really understand why people there talked so loudly at 3a.m. without the care and concern of the sleeping neighbourhood. I was awakened five times that night. The day before we were told that the construction workers would not work until 9a.m. But unfortunately they started working at 7:30a.m. It was terrible, so that we could not get enough sleep. On the second evening, we're relieved that there was no more wedding nearby. And we're told that no construction work would be done on Saturday morning. Unfortunately the hope for getting up a litte late in the next morning was disillusioned by the hard-working construction workers who started working at 7:30a.m. again.

Well the rental was low. But I didn't expect a noisy environment. In fact, I stressed that I needed a quiet room because I'm a light sleeper when I made the reservation. I was reassured about that, but in reality it was not the case. Indeed I think that we should have been informed about the renovation, so that we could make an informed choice.

The breakfast was just average.

The positive side of this B&B was that the host was friendly and helpful. The room was spacious.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
seattle
Reviewed May 22, 2009

Amazing place with breathtaking views from our own personal patio. Not a big party town, but great place to take in the countryside views and see the small town side of Italy.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled with friends
London
Reviewed February 4, 2009

We returned to Anna Valeria for another lovely stay. No stairs as the rooms are all at ground level which helps when you overpack.!! Having a fantastic breakfast in a room with frescoes on the ceiling and sorrounded by antique furniture, makes for a wonderful ambience. The hostess, Anna Valeria, was warm and charming as always. Orvieto is a wonderful town, and even in winter has a magical atmosphere. Palazzo del Cardinale is not only a great value for money but it is an "experience" which should not be missed.

• Liked — The room , brekfast and the location
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with friends