“Second time hiring bikes with Randotrek”

Randotrek - Bike Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Randotrek offers you support services and personable biking opportunities in the heart of Italy. We create bike routes, lead cycling tours, provide bicycle rental and cycling travel information. Self-guided bike trips support is our specialty. We provide top quality bikes (mtb, hybrid, race) and touring gear. We deliver bikes in several towns of Central Italy: Viterbo Province locations, South Tuscany and Southern Umbria.
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We have just completed our second tour on the via Francigena, this time from Rome to Monopoli, last year we cycled from Pisa to Rome.
Both times we have hired KTM bikes from Randotrek as they are good solid bikes and perfect for this track.
And each time Randotrek have been able to both deliver and arrange pickup of the bikes to match our plans.
For this reason i cannot recommend Randotrek enough, and as an addded bonus Ruth has been very helpful in pointing out good attractions or foods that we shouldnt miss while on our trips.
I would happily recommend Randotrek to anyone looking to hire trekking bikes within Italy.
Regards
Blair

There are newer reviews for Randotrek - Bike Tours

Reviewed September 14, 2012

We hired 3 hybrid bikes from Randotrek for an eight week tour of Italy, using local trains to get over mountains to the flatter countryside along the eastern and southern coastlines. We had three flat tyres and were well-prepared with the 3 spare tubes, patches and pump supplied. Gianni had also thrown in chain lube and Ruth explained that big problems happened when gear cables were not adjusted or chains not cleaned lubricated after riding in the rain. We did these things and never had a problem. The bikes ran faultlessly, they were light, smooth and fast. Riding in Italy is a challenge where 50km is a big day, with most days being 35-40km . Our odometers showed a total route of 500km having climbed the long steep roads into Vasto, Alberobello and Montefiascone as well as cruising the Gulf of Taranto and around Lake Balseno.

1  Thank Patti R
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We found Randrotrek on the internet while still toying with the idea of riding around italy with our youngest child who was 11 at the time. Ruth was very patient as we slowly finessed our plans and arranged to have bikes dropped off to us in central Rome. After a misunderstanding about panniers ( our mistake ) Ruth happily provided us with these as well. What followed was a wonderful adventure riding from Pescara down to Otranto and then over to Tarranto. Nothing was planned, the bikes were brilliant, the weather perfect , the people always friendly and helpful and the food and wine a perfect end to every day. Our riding finished in Proceno where we stayed in Ruth and Gianni's beautiful apartment for a week before exploring the north. We cannot recommend Randotrek highly enough and will be back . Patti

1  Thank Patti R
Reviewed June 4, 2012

My brother and I were looking for a day trip outside of Rome on our Amsterdam/Rome vacation. We’re both bike riders –mostly commuting for me and my brother is a triathlete – and wanted to ride in the Italian countryside.

We found Ruth and Randotrek on the web and let her know our goals. She arraigned a perfect day for the two of us; a guided ride for my brother and a solo ride for me.

We were met at the train station parking lot (of their old location) where Ruth and her husband had our race bikes, pedals, and helmets ready. While we were getting the bikes fit for us, Stefano, my brother’s guide showed up.

After getting suggestions for my ride’s route, I took off for an easy 25 mile ride around the lake.

Stefano took my brother on one of his best rides ever. The ride itself serviced the purpose of a training day but was so much more. Stefano took him on a route that my brother would not have taken by himself, told stories of his past racing days and just made it an enjoyable day.

Ruth is fluent in English and comfortable arranging travel for non-Italians. You will be happy placing yourself in their hands.

While we only used a small part of their services, we would feel very comfortable using any of their offerings. Enjoy Randotrek! I will again.

Reviewed January 31, 2012

I heard about Randotrek from a friend. I'm from Virginia in the US. Did all reservations over the web. Excellent directions to pick-up. a great bianchi model that fit like a glove. Rode all week around Lucignano and had a ball. No problems. Good people. will do it again.
K