“Loved the place”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of L'Antica Rupe

L'Antica Rupe
Ranked #4 of 170 Restaurants in Orvieto
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
“Loved the place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2014

We went after reading the reviews here, and were not disappointed. Enjoyed the experience. But do book to make sure of a table as it does get busy.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank lizandBill2014

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Nashville
“Great hidden gem for foodies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2014

We were recommended this place by our hotel and were told it was one of the two best places in town where locals ate….and we were delighted to find out why. Hidden off the beaten path down a narrow dark alley (even for Orvieto) you walk up an unimpressive flight of stairs and find a warm beautiful food haven….like you are transported to another world. Everything we had was excellent. The antipasto selection was exquisite as were the ravioli and truffle gnocchi pasta courses. Interestingly, the carpaccio main course was absolutely delicious and filling and the grilled wild boar was tender and tasty. The desserts were excellent and the wine selection was superb. If you love excellent food carefully presented in a warm and attractive atmosphere, then go here.

• Visited May 2014
5 Thank MichaelseanTN
Florence, Italy
“They can certainly do better...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

This place was recommended by our hotel manager and obviously I don't know if they have some side arrangement. I see that most people seem happy with their experience but, unfortunately I cannot agree with them. The manager, after an initial diffidence ( apparently a previous party sent by the same hotel had failed to show ups) was helpful and even offered to change the first wine which was not good.
While the first courses were OK but far from memorable, the real disppointment were the main dishes. I ordered a "coniglio in porchetta" (stuffed rabbit) which had apparently seen many a passage in the microwave: dry, overcooked, chewey and, as I said, a few days old.
I left 90 % of in the plate and was expecting at least an inquiry from the waiter as to why I hadn't eaten it but she just picked up the plate still quite full without a blink. I wonder if the staff in the kitchen are developing such a close realtionship with that rabbit that they hate to see it being eaten:-)
Shouldn't the chef wonder as to why a dish gets back virtually untouched? I did not want to raise the issue with the manager who had been kind but I should at least suspect that their kitchen staff needs some training.
Judging by the other reviews and by the number of people in the restaurant, mine must have been an unfortunate experience, so if/when in the area I might give them another try but I'd make sure that when my dish arrives it's not more than a day old...

• Visited April 2014
3 Thank Zickzock
Canberra, Australia
“Amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

This restaurant was an wonderful surprise in Orvieto and it could easily compete with many top restaurants in the cities. My husband and I visited this restaurant for our honeymoon and it was one of the best restaurants we visited. There was a wide selection of food and wine and the prices were extremely reasonable. The food was fresh, well cooked and it tasted great. The staff were also helpful. We would definitively recommend L'Antica Rupe.

• Visited February 2014
4 Thank Sheree T
“Simply superb”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2014

This is the best restaurant in Orvieto and one of the finest anywhere. Airy, bright, happy. Everything is in Italian, but the staff is infinitely helpful. But, no matter....all the food is first class. Though I must say that the gnocchi with truffles and four cheeses and the tiramisu are the stars.
You will not be disappointed.

Visited April 2014