“Do not miss in Orvieto”

Ranked #11 of 171 Restaurants in Orvieto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Fresh products of the highest quality , Tasty homemade local dishes and daily menu for those who wish to make new discoveries without sacrificing the tradition , Rich local and national wine list , Delicius espressos with unimaginable flavor from all over the world ,Whole children's room and diaper changing station , Air conditioned.
Allen, TX
“Do not miss in Orvieto”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

We were only in Orvieto for a short time, but we decided to have dinner at Osteria Numero Uno. We were very glad that we did! From the moment we walked in the door, we were treated with such respect. The owner and chef were incredibly friendly and willing to offer recommendations or interpret menu items for us. We had a difficult time ordering because there were so many things that looked great. We sampled a variety of dishes, and each was carefully crafted with fresh, local ingredients. If you are spending any time in Orvieto, make sure you have dinner at this restaurant!

• Visited July 2013

Wilmington, Massachusetts
“The Best Restaurant To Remember Orvieto”
Reviewed October 24, 2013 via mobile

The distinctive menu was the most creative during our 2 week stay in Italy.
Presentation & taste of our dishes was spectacular. Local fresh ingredients were used. Great local wine also recommended.
Angelo, the very warm & welcoming Pizzeria Numero Uno owner made for our most memorable dinner in Italy this year.

Steve & Rose-visit of October 16, 2013

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great local cuisine”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

We were a group of 8 and enjoyed a great meal. Prices are reasonable and the cuisine is a true treat. They have some very unique dishes but something for everyone.

Chester, United Kingdom
“Local Food Beautifully Prepared”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

This restaurant is well worth looking for in Orvieto. It is mainly frequented by locals and serves authentic Italian food beautifully cooked and presented. The local wine is good too. A really good experience.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank MattyOakmere
Genoa, Italy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,267 helpful votes
“A Delightful Evening”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I had a delightful evening at Osteria Numero Uno. This restaurant has what a traveler wants in a dining experience; great food, atmosphere, authentic fresh ingredients, great wines, professional and helpful service making for a evening to remember. As other TA reviewers have mentioned, the menu is on a caulk board, thus when they realized I wasn't Italian, I was immediately asked if I would like it in English. Both servers spoke good English and were able to help me with a few questions. I started with 1/4 L of the Classic Orvieto white wine and they brought a delicious piece of crisp bread soaked in olive oil and herbs with a slice of salami-great! I ordered the pumpkin with gorgonzola cheese and spinach greens - absolutely one of the best meals I have ever had. I requested a smaller size, as I wanted to try two courses, but wish I hadn't; it was wonderful! For my second I had the stuffed pasta with ricotta and spices served with tomatoes and perconi cheese on top. Also excellent but very filling! Unfortunately no room for desert. The young man, a senior in high school who waited on me was delightful, helpful, unobtrusive, attentive and I'm sure he will have a very successful future! As a solo diner, it can sometimes be difficult to enjoy the experience, but this certainly was not the case. Overall this was one of my best meals over the past three years in Italy, including some great food in my "home" city of Genova. I would return to Orvieto, just to eat here again!

• Visited October 2013