“Corner gem”

Ranked #27 of 176 Restaurants in Orvieto
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The origins of this restaurant are deep in the sacristy of the adjacent church of S. Angelo; the rooms have been excavated out of the rock; in summer we make use of the beautiful back garden. The garden has a view of the Orvieto cathedral.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Corner gem”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Very good fusion of tastes and textures. We had fish appetizers and entres which we enjoyed. The semolina cake was excellent. Wine selection is very good.

Visited May 2014

San Francisco, California
“A reason to have lunch or dinner in Orvieto”
Reviewed May 10, 2014

On a recent trip from Florence to Rome, we hired a private car and stopped in Orvieto on the way. Our guide graciously sent us to I Sette Consoli which he told us had a Michelin star, but more importantly, was in the Slow Food guide. The restaurant is in a small square next to a church, somewhat hidden away. The dining room was beautiful, very clean and the servers were efficient but also friendly. The meal was wonderful. We were there at the beginning of Spring, so we had baked, stuffed zucchini blossoms and two pastas. One pasta had a pork filling and the other short ribs and braised artichokes. The wine list included a local red wine (vermentino) which went nicely with all of the dishes. Our meal was so well prepared and so delicious that I would make sure to stop in Orvieto again just to eat at I Sette Consoli. P.S. I have been to Orvieto but never found the food to be outstanding -- until now!

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank QueenOfTheR0ad
Rome, Italy
“A Michelin-Starred restaurant in little Orvieto”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The restaurant is small, built from the old sacristy of the neighboring church. The food was excellent, the ambiance clean and formal. The service was perfect. One young woman served all the tables, and didn't miss a beat. The food was top rate. I had the roast pigeon for dinner. I had never had it before, but I though it was excellent. The presentation was simple, focusing on the flavor of the dish. My friend has the duck carpaccio, which was one of the best things on the menu. My only complaint was that I thought the risotto a bit bland. It is a bit pricey, but the food was very much worth it.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Verocras
“A perfect dining experience”
Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

This was our second visit to this restaurant. The first visit was a year ago. Both times we have had the fixed price chef's menu. On this visit the menu was six courses including a cheese course and dessert. The food was beautifully prepared, seasoned, and presented. The service here is professional, low key, and unobtrusive. The wine list is very fairly priced and unusually diverse for an Italian restaurant, including choices from the local area, plus France, the USA, and Slovenia, among others. Highly recommended.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Fishomatic
Essex & San Venanzo
“La Regina della Cucina.”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

It was well over 10 years ago when we ate our first dinner at I Setti Consoli. It was a cold november evening. I can still remember and taste one particular dish from il primo. Lemon Gnocchi.Full of flavour and lightness like an angels cloud.
We have eaten at the ristorante over the years and last week had another delicous dinner. Again, full of flavour with the lightness of touch that makes eating here so special. I will rember the flavours of the duck & carciofi and the ravioli with oxtail for a long time.
Thank you Anna, the Queen of the kitchen, for another delicous dinner and thank your daughter for the lovely manner in which she made our visit a pleasure.
The best ristorante in Orvieto, one of the best in Umbria and one of the best in Italia.

• Visited March 2014