“We LOVE Ciccoleta”

and 1 more site!
Agriturismo Cioccoleta
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stayed 3 nights at Ciccoleta. The rooms are very comfortable and the property is stunning. The only thing that topped these is the warmth and friendliness of hosts Angela, Alessandro and Frederico. The location is great for touring Orvieto, southeastern Tuscany and the central part of Umbria. The area is the heart of of Estruscan culture and history.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mr153
There are newer reviews for Agriturismo Cioccoleta

Reviewed May 9, 2012

We stayed at Agriturismo Cioccoleta during the Easter weekend. Great country retreat. The owners were more than helpful to any of our needs. The breakfasts were given extra care with unique foods prepared by Angela. We were going to take the train into Rome for Easter mass. Angela sugguested we drive and told us where to park. This was great, and very easy. I never imagined driving in Rome. Maybe you should not try this during the week. We love our stay here. Very clean and beautiful. Don't miss it.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2012

My sister, daughter and I needed a hotel close to Allerona and were looking to stay outside the city of Orvieto. What a find this place was! Truly off the beaten path, the agriturismo sits in the middle of a vineyard with stunning views of Orvieto and the surrounding countryside, and had the largest rooms (by European standards) and easily the most comfortable bed I found during my entire Italian stay. Angela was a fantastic hostess, available to help with everything--from directions, to an icepack for my knee, to emailing me articles of interest even after I left. When you turn off onto the path to the agriturismo from the main road, you'll wonder if you've gone wrong, but keep on the winding stone road and you'll soon be at the hotel, and happy you are. Breakfast is fantastic--yogurt, fruit, pastries, etc., and she'll cook you whatever you'd like on top of that. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank suefinley
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My wife and I found this agriturismo to be a wonderful surprise, so much so we happily added extra days. It was easy to find and Angela was truly hospitable, helping us navigate beautiful Orvieto and the surrounding towns. We enjoyed the beautiful vineyard, the clean, comfortable rooms, the large bathrooms and the friendly conversation over breakfast. It was so relaxing - one of the true delights of our month in Italy. Our experience was so enjoyable we chose to stay at other agriturismos during our trip, but we found none matched our experience at Cioccoleta.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2011

What a gem! My sister and I spent a night here during our agriturismo adventures in Umbria, and this stunning vineyard, situated only a few km away from Orvieto, truly charmed us. Angela was an amazing hostess and incredibly helpful in guiding us through the area. The farm (and our room) has a beautiful view of Orvieto. Of all the agriturismos we stayed in, this one was the perfect combination of serenity and convenience, with it's close access to Orvieto - one of my favorite Italian towns.

The area where guests stay is obviously kept up well, with a spacious common area and a nice homey feel to it. Angela served a delicious breakfast, and after breakfast we frolicked around several paths through the grape vines and olive trees.

Another bonus - unlike lots of agriturismos that are more rurally located, this place was easy to find if you follow the signs just out of Orvieto. I wish we'd had more time to spend enjoying Cioccoleta; you could easily make this your home base while exploring Umbria.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank LisaMichele7
Reviewed October 15, 2011

My wife and I stayed 7 nights at Cioccoleta, and believe it to be the most perfect location for an Italian vaccation. The host, Angela, is the most wonderful and charming person in the world. She doesn't have to work at making her guests feel comfortable because she truely seems to enjoy them. We came away with the feeling that friends had been acquired during our stay. Her husband, Alessandro, was equally charming and helpful.

The lodging is spectacular! The rooms are large, clean and nicely furnished. The surrounding area provides wonderful views (I started each day by taking in the beauty of Umbria) and a peaceful environment. Angela's breakfast is very good, and include freshly baked cakes and the BEST coffee in Italy!

Orvieto is within minutes of Cioccoleta, and is the best Italian town to visit.......great restrauants and a city which has not "sold-out" to tourism. You can enjoy the wonder of a hill town, the beauty of its Duomo, and still experience Italian life. An evening stroll of the city's streets makes you appreciate life in Italy!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2011

My wife and I just returned from a 2 week trip to Italy. While on our way to Tuscany we spent 2 wonderful days at Cioccoleta.
The rooms are very clean, spacious with amazing views of Orvieto and the family vineyards. The large bathrooms are a big plus. The host, Angela is extremely welcoming and helpful - she will provide excellent sightseeing suggestions.
We loved this place so much that on our way back to Rome we spent another night at Cioccoleta since it is conveniently located at 1.5h from Rome.
Sam and Pilar