“Make a reservation!”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed October 11, 2013

I arrived early without a reservation (7:30pm) on a Saturday night and was given the last table by the door and watched throughout my dinner the waiter turn away both tourists and locals; so make reservations! The menu is only in Italian and I was amazed at how patient the waiter was with three American couples who had no idea what any of the food items were or what they wanted. English is spoken by the three wait staff but it made me wonder why they just didn't translate the menu since the restaurant is such a TA destination restaurant. Yes the food was also great. I don't usually order two plates, so I asked for a small portion of the Nidi and the waiter was happy to offer a half portion what was just right and excellent! I wanted to try the wild boor with sauce and polenta; also very good, but just too much food for me. It was very rich and filling. Had a glass of house white wine, water with the bill for one person was 25 euros. Felt fine as a women sitting alone and wasn't rushed despite the full restaurant and constantly arriving patrons. The restaurant is easy to locate, just off the main street. Recommended.

2  Thank AnnArborMHT
Write a ReviewReviews (2,091)

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Our B&B manager recommended this trattoria our first night in Orvieto. Once inside, you feel like you are family. Our waiter (Cristian?) helped us choose the right food and wine and made us laugh. The food and service were superb, and we were delighted to find that some of the recipes are on their website (but wish they all were!). We wanted to go back the next evening, but they are closed on Tuesdays. Highly recommend this place!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and I went at the suggestion of our lovely inn keepers at Antica Olivaia. All I can say is it was probably one of the best meals we had in our 12 day trip. Pasta carbonara (with no egg) of cream of fava beans and baffo (local bacon) -- each bite was heaven. Roasted rabbit and local sausages -- succulent and flavorful. Super friendly service. Great wine. Wish I lived closer, but the plane flights would pinch my wallet.

Reviewed October 5, 2013

We went here because Rick Steves recommended the nidi (fresh pasta wrapped around honey-sweetened ricotta) dish, and we are so glad he did. It was a beautiful dish that sort of reminded us of kugel. We savored every bite. The carbonara pasta dish was also great, and the house white wine was tasty and inexpensive. The menu is all in Italian and the ambiance is just what you'd want from a place that feels like a wonderful find in a place like Orvieto. Very memorable meal.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Great meal. Great service. Reasonable prices. Try the folds of fresh pasta with pecorino cheese and honey. Reservations a must!