“Superformitastic”

Ranked #2 of 6 Dessert in Orvieto
gent
“Superformitastic”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

This tiny gelateria offers the best ice cream we ever had. Special flavours with local ingredients. The granite al caffe con panna made my day. I hope to return some day to try all the rest.

1 Thank Agnes0070

• Finnish first
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best place to taste authentic Italian ice creams!”
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I really liked this place! I been there several times during my trips in Italy, and this is definitely a place where I will come again . My husband and I, we love fruity ice creams, and Chiara, the owner, surprised us with her extraordinary creativity and her ability to make a traditional Italian gelato. We mostly enjoyed the fresh and local ingredients they use, as well the familiar and relaxing atmosphere we experienced. I definitely recommend it.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Dan_Pa2010
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Gelato fantastico!”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

We enjoyed gelato all over Italy on our recent trip and were glad to discover La Musa on our short stop in Orvieto! When I asked the woman working there for an English translation for the flavor called "La Musa," she laughed and explained it was the family name. Then we realized she was the owner of the shop and had a nice conversation about how they prepare the gelato there. It was delicious, of course, and the encounter was a very pleasant end to our time there.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Christine W
London, UK
“best gelato in Orvieto”
Reviewed September 26, 2009

IMHO - tiny little place on the Corso Cavour with a bench out front to sit on, further downhill towards the funicular station. Artisan gelato and absolutely superb quality - some of the best I've had anywhere. Also less expensive than others. Make the effort to go--a real hidden gem--

4 Thank suecamer