“Good Gelato, Crabby Staff”

Gelateria Pasqualetti
Ranked #1 of 6 Dessert in Orvieto
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed July 28, 2013

The Gelato at the Piazzo dei Duomo location was very good, but the service was downright rude. This isn't uncommon in tourist areas in Italy, but it was notably below this low standard at Gelateria Pasqualetti. The server seemed harried and unhelpful (even though it wasn't busy) with the group ahead of me, but then I did something that truly outraged her: I needed change for my bill. Our total was 11 Euros, and I gave her a 20. She rolled her eyes, asked if I had a one Euro coin, and I responded that I didn't (which was true).

You'd think that I had pooped on the floor by her reaction. She gestured with both hands and glared. She shook her head at this unthinkable insult. She stomped off to toss the 9 Euros in change onto the counter as if it was toxic waste. Clearly, her day was ruined.

My boys thought it was kind of funny, but it's just bad, bad business.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

If your in Orvieto you have to try this gelato. It is the best I have ever had in Italy or anywhere !

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Happy to have had our 1st Italian ice cream here during our visit to Italy, they've got plenty of choices and their service is excellent!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

2 locations, one on the main street and one in the corner of the Duomo. Excellent taste and you can tell immediately that they use fine ingredients. Well worth the calories!!!!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

This place made the best gelato I have tasted! It became a daily ritual with my family for the week we stayed in orvieto rain hail or sunshine ! We just had to have our daily fix of this refreshing lovely ice cream. You could tast the fruit and freshness . A must try