“Fantastic!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of B&B and Apartments CasaVeraOrvieto

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Orvieto
B&B and Apartments CasaVeraOrvieto
Ranked #16 of 56 Orvieto B&B and Inns
New Zealand
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

This is a fantastic apartment located right in the heart of everything. Its a few minutes walk to the Duomo. The apartment is really beautiful and the owners are really lovely and welcoming. We stayed in Orchidea for 3 nights. This is a two bedroom apartment with large living and full kitchen. Our adult daughter used the smaller bedroom with a single bed. You have to walk through this room to get to the master bedroom but this proved no problem. The apartment is really spacious and beautifully decorated. We loved Orvieto and felt like a local living here for a short time. There is a great Grocery store close to the apartment with everything you could want if you decide to eat in. You can also pick up some really cheap wine here. We felt the price very resonable for what was offered and would love to come back another time. I highly recommend staying here when visiting Orvieto.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
seattle
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012 via mobile

We thought we were getting a room with 2 beds but got an entire apartment. Such a great place witha cute kitchen, quiet and easy access to the main through streets, grocery store around the corner. Very nice owner and very clean, spacious accommodations.

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank sjfam
Bow, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed in the Iris apartment at Casa Vera for 4 nights in October 2011. The central location is most excellent for enjoying Orvieto. Upon our arrival by car we got hopelessly lost in the winding streets of Orvieto, but Sabrina (along with Alessandro in the stroller) came to meet us and guide us to the B&B. Sabrina is a gracious host and made our stay at Casa Vera very enjoyable. The Iris apartment is very spacious and comfortable. The bathroom is great. The place is immaculately clean. The apartment is well lit, cozy. The only drawback is the lack of windows, but I imagine that's a common condition in Orvieto. We are in complete agreement with all the other excellent reviews. Grazie mille Sabrina, Cesare e Alesandro!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2012

My wife and I have stayed (actually, lived) in Orvieto and Casa Vera every year for the past 5 or 6. When in italy and Orvieto, Casa Vera is our 'home'. Sabrina and Cesare have made living well an art and this extends to their guests at Casa Vera. Neat, spotlessly clean and close to all of the local sites allows us (and you) to fully participate in all of the activities in this beautiful Umbrian town. In addition, Cesares parents, Giovanni and Vera, have a remarkable nearby deli, filled with every Italian delicacy imaginable. There is NO downside to Orvieto or Casa Vera. Go. Enjoy. E salute!

Room Tip: Never a problem at Casa Vera.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2011

This was our first place when we arrived in Italy and we had picked Orvieto and Casa Vera in hopes that it would be a good place to relax after a very long travel. We couldn't have been more pleasantly surprised. My husband and I and our grown son stayed here. It was comfortable for all of us, beautiful, meticulously clean and very spacious. We stayed in the Iris apartment.
In addition, Sabrina met us and guided us to the apartment the night we arrived, was warm and very helpful. Her husband is a wine seller and the apartment has a wonderful collection of well priced, local wines to choose from if you decide to use the kitchen and eat in on occasion. Sabrina also provides a daily breakfast of meats, yogurts and breads in the kitchen ready for you whenever you choose to have breakfast. We couldn't have asked for a better place to start our Italy trip. I am very picky about cleanliness and want to repeat, this apartment is beautifully decorated and very clean, with daily clean up. This is a wonderful place to stay. Thank you Sabrina.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SpringChickenNot
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

I stayed here for 3 days with a friend in the smallest room. It was perfect. It's basically a small apartment. It had one bed in the bedroom and the other in the main room. There is a little kitchen area and a small patio area.

It was only 55 Euros a night and we were also given breakfast we could make ourselves. The location is great though a bit difficult to find. Just call Sabrina right away to get instructions. It's easy to get from the train station to the cathedral and from there it's a short walk if you know where you going! Orvieto is beautiful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011
1 Thank Canuckser
Boston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2011

We went to Orvieto after 5 days in Florence and 2 nighst in Siena. It had been raining on and off every single day since we arrived in Florence. On the day that we drove from Siena via Pienza to Orvieto, it was alternating back and forth from drizzle to sunny to finally, on the leg between Pienza and Orvieto, pouring rain. We were a bit apprehensive driving into the historic center and had the GPS to direct us to the inn in Orvieto, while also vigilantly looking at street signs for ZTL restrictions, as well as trying to read street names. Although Sabrina gave us very detailed instructions, because the street names were not consistently written on the facade of the corner buildings), it was hard to verify whether we were in the right location. The GPS also gave up on us and couldn't communicate with the satellite. We had to stop at several places where we can safely pull up so I can walk and ask people. Finally, when we got to the general area where we could recognize some of the landmarks that Sabrina mentioned, I just walked around the streets to find it on foot : ) When Sabrina showed me the apartment, all our weariness from the drive downand trying to find the place disappeared. The bonus to getting lost is being able to see parts of Orvieto we probably wouldn't have ordinarily explored : )

Sabrina and Cesare are extremely HELPFUL and GRACIOUS. It really felt like you were being welcomed into their "home" except you have privacy. The label Bed and Breakfast was a little bit misleading to me because I wasn't sure whether I was renting a private apartment or sharing the "common areas" with other guests. It basically is a private apartment but I think is labeled a Bed and Breakfast because Sabrina can also bring you your breakfast if you want her to. The place is IMMACULATE. I am extremely finicky about cleanliness, even bringing Lysol wipes that I get from Costco and putting in a Ziplock in my suitcase, as well as bringing gloves - that embarrasingly neurotic. It was just so clean and immaculate it was unbelievable! The place was very spacious and decorated very nicely. The unit we got was the one with the bedroom loft and purple kitchen called Iris.

I think this place is a gem that is still undiscovered. I am afraid that once it becomes extremely popular, I myself will not be able to rent it anymore : ) I think part of why it is still undiscovered is it is under Specialty Lodging which also caused me some concern when I was first looking at this place. I asked Sabrina about this as well and she doesn't know either, as others have also asked her. She mentioned that she's working with Trip Advisor about this. Sabrina's and Cesare's customer service is unparrallelled and even when I first communicated with them while planning the trip, she was extremely responsive and prompt.

We will definitely stay here again and will highly recommend this apartment to everyone I know.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family