“What an oasis of calm and quiet, and yet so close to the action!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Orvieto
B&B and Apartments CasaVeraOrvieto
Ranked #16 of 54 Orvieto B&B and Inns
Boston
“What an oasis of calm and quiet, and yet so close to the action!”
Reviewed March 23, 2011

We went to Orvieto after 5 days in Florence and 2 nighst in Siena. It had been raining on and off every single day since we arrived in Florence. On the day that we drove from Siena via Pienza to Orvieto, it was alternating back and forth from drizzle to sunny to finally, on the leg between Pienza and Orvieto, pouring rain. We were a bit apprehensive driving into the historic center and had the GPS to direct us to the inn in Orvieto, while also vigilantly looking at street signs for ZTL restrictions, as well as trying to read street names. Although Sabrina gave us very detailed instructions, because the street names were not consistently written on the facade of the corner buildings), it was hard to verify whether we were in the right location. The GPS also gave up on us and couldn't communicate with the satellite. We had to stop at several places where we can safely pull up so I can walk and ask people. Finally, when we got to the general area where we could recognize some of the landmarks that Sabrina mentioned, I just walked around the streets to find it on foot : ) When Sabrina showed me the apartment, all our weariness from the drive downand trying to find the place disappeared. The bonus to getting lost is being able to see parts of Orvieto we probably wouldn't have ordinarily explored : )

Sabrina and Cesare are extremely HELPFUL and GRACIOUS. It really felt like you were being welcomed into their "home" except you have privacy. The label Bed and Breakfast was a little bit misleading to me because I wasn't sure whether I was renting a private apartment or sharing the "common areas" with other guests. It basically is a private apartment but I think is labeled a Bed and Breakfast because Sabrina can also bring you your breakfast if you want her to. The place is IMMACULATE. I am extremely finicky about cleanliness, even bringing Lysol wipes that I get from Costco and putting in a Ziplock in my suitcase, as well as bringing gloves - that embarrasingly neurotic. It was just so clean and immaculate it was unbelievable! The place was very spacious and decorated very nicely. The unit we got was the one with the bedroom loft and purple kitchen called Iris.

I think this place is a gem that is still undiscovered. I am afraid that once it becomes extremely popular, I myself will not be able to rent it anymore : ) I think part of why it is still undiscovered is it is under Specialty Lodging which also caused me some concern when I was first looking at this place. I asked Sabrina about this as well and she doesn't know either, as others have also asked her. She mentioned that she's working with Trip Advisor about this. Sabrina's and Cesare's customer service is unparrallelled and even when I first communicated with them while planning the trip, she was extremely responsive and prompt.

We will definitely stay here again and will highly recommend this apartment to everyone I know.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ladybos

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Ladysmith, Canada
Reviewed October 21, 2009

“Wow” was my wife’s first word, as we walked through the door to our “room” at Casavera B&B. We thought that the large kitchen/dining/living room was the “common” area for the guests as we have found in previous B&B’s in Italy. But, no, it was all “ours”! Besides the beautiful full kitchen, there was the very modern, large and tastefully decorated bathroom, a large bedroom and even an extra single bed. We also had free wi-fi! The B&B really consists of two “apartments” on the first floor of a centuries old building, just a short walk (about 100 meters) to Via del Duomo and the centre of Orvieto. Its location is unbeatable. The B&B owners Sabrina and Cesare were very helpful, especially on the day of arrival, guiding us by phone to their place via the narrow streets of historic Orvieto to unload our luggage, helping us carrying it up upstairs, and providing us with tips on what to see and do in Orvieto. Thanks to Sabrina’s suggestion, we were able to enjoy opening night of the opera Rigoletto in the historic Teatro Mancinelli.

Breakfast was typical continental style as it is in most bed and breakfasts in Italy. We very much enjoyed the fact that we could make our own espresso/cappuccino, and with the full kitchen, cook our own meals, including NA style breakfast, if we so desired. Cesare’s parents also run a small salumeria/grocery store close to the B&B that we patronized as needed.

Casavera is a hidden gem, truly a great find from our last 5 weeks trip to Italy. The pictures on their website depicts what the B&B is all about. We loved Orvieto, and our regret is that we had not planned to stay there for more than two nights

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple