We stayed here eight nights and would do it again. The hotel is in a storybook setting, in the hamlet of Bulla, with views down the valley to the town of Ortisei. Every morning, I would go out on the balcony and look at the light on the mountains and watch the sheep grazing. In the afternoon, I could sit on the balcony and watch the afternoon light change and listen to the sheeps’ baas and the tinkling of their bells. It’s magic.
The Uhrerhof is not only unique in its setting, it’s also in its ambience of the interior and the very warm feeling it gives you. The Zemmer family have an incredible attention to detail – whether it’s in the wall or ceiling decorations, the furnishings, the thoughtful layout of the rooms and bathrooms, the menu planning - and also the execution - this is a family run lodging with the services of a high quality hotel. It still maintains a personal warmth that makes one just feel so comfortable.
If I had any concerns about booking us at a lodging that includes breakfast and a fixed plate dinner with my husband’s dietary requirements, that is gone after we arrived. I had emailed prior to making reservations and inquired and was told that there would be no problem. So when we checked in yesterday, I was relieved that Dunia asked to go over the dinner menu and inquire as to any adjustments that might be required. This was our routine after breakfast each morning. What a special place Hotel Uhrerhof is.
Each dinner was a multi-course gourmet meal of local specialties – each dish freshly prepared and artfully presented.
Be sure to visit the Rosarium, the five acre rose garden created and lovingly cared for by Dunia’s mother which has 5,000 roses of more than 150 species. The garden is ornamented with sculptures that evoke the traditional arts and crafts of the Dolomites. As we strolled through the garden, the church bell rang twice noting the half hour, the sheep’s bells tinkled and the mountains in the distance served as a dramatic backdrop. We are so glad we chose Hotel Uhrerhof!
Note: The upgrades to the main road to Bulla should be completed shortly (June 2013) and it will make it easier to access this fantastic location and the Uhrerhof.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The 4-star Hotel Uhrerhof is located near Ortisei in Bulla, in a place that's both enchanting and peaceful. In this small, charming, family-operated hotel, you get a pleasant feeling of relaxation from the moment you arrive. Your eyes will feast on one of the most beautiful panoramas of the valley and the splendid Dolomites in the Val Gardena, in Trentino Alto Adige. A holiday with us is perfect for people who wish to restore their harmony and inner balance, as they discover the wonders of nature and also relax in our wellness centre, which is included in the price. Here, you can rejuvenate in a sauna, Turkish bath or whirlpool tub - all placed in an exclusive, skilfully furnished setting (without beauty salon or swimming pool). Also, we have a delicate secret that's exclusively for you: let yourself be enveloped by the scent of roses as you enter the highest rose garden in Europe - at an altitude of 5000 feet - where you can admire over 6000 roses and more than 150 different species extending up a gentle slope. And for maximum convenience, our enclosed garage is at your disposal, free of charge. We're waiting to serve you at the Hotel Uhrerhof in Bulla, with the holiday of your dreams. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Uhrerhof-Deur reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Uhrerhof-Deur Ortisei, Italy - Val Gardena
- Uhrerhof Deur Hotel Ortisei