$158
$145
$146
$116
Priceline
Hotel Dolomiti Madonna(Ortisei)(Great Value!)
  • Restaurant
Hotel Luna Mondschein(Ortisei)
Hotel Rodes(Ortisei)
TripAdvisor
Official Site
  • Breakfast included
All reviewscheese tastingfamily run propertylounge chairssmall hotelsasso lungoowners and staffsanta christinabefore dinnerfamily roomhalf boardsella rondamonicarainiershuttlegourmetpaulotown
Reviewed February 26, 2010

We couldn't rate this family-run hotel more highly. Everything was wonderful: the friendly staff, delicous food, stunning views, lovely decor and the fantastic spa/relaxation area in the basement. We were skiing and found the shuttle bus service brilliant for getting to the lifts. Some of our group who couldn't get into the Grien were staying nearby and we arranged for them to join us for dinner each night - and picked them up in the morning! The only criticism I could make is that the food was so good and plentiful that we ate far too much!! We definitely plan to return.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 3, 2010

Knowing I wanted to go to the Dolomites, I researched hotels and read reviews for months-- and I am very picky. Regarding the distance. The way Ortisei is layed out, I am not convinced being right down town is that beneficial. The hotel has a shuttle that will take you back and forth as much as you want. Depending on the season, if the weather is nice, you could easily walk back and forth. The service of the hotel staff is excellent and they are all friendly. What made the hotel a 5 star is the food- all home-made and AMAZING. I plan to find an excuse to get back. If I had to say something negative it would be about the shower, could have been just our room, but it could use updating.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 5, 2009

We have stayed in very luxurious hotels and the Hotel Grien is like a breath of fresh air. It is a spectacular setting and the owners take great pride in their mountain and its views. The hotel is extremely clean and everyone is exceptionally accommodating. We were fed upon our arrival at 10PM even though the kitchen was closed. The staff will drive you to the slopes and shops in the lovely Val Gardena region.
We had the same table for each meal and it felt like home. The owner is the chef and the meals were wonderful. Overall we had a great experience.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 5, 2009

excellent food, very friendly staff and ideal for little children because of the hospitality, the cleanliness and the patience of the owner

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed September 20, 2008

My husband & I stayed here for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon in Italy. We had to book it at short notice after the hotel we'd booked into in Selva decided to renovate that week! The hotel is right on the edge of Ortisei, as high as you can go I think. We had a hire car so no problem getting around. The position of the hotel means the views are stunning - from every window it seemed!

The room was spacious & comfortable - the bed was huge & the most comfortable I've ever slept in. The food was plentiful & delicious, the staff were very friendly & helpful. I don't think they get many english guests because when we stayed none of the literature was in english - only french, german & italian - but the staff did speak english. They made us menus in english which was a lovely touch!

The spa was wonderful but do watch out for naked people - us Brits are just not used to it!

We really wished we could've stayed longer, and definitely intend to go back again - which I hope is indication enough that this is a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank JD77