All reviewscorner roomboutique hotelroom numberlovely hotelsud tirolski roombus stopthe hotel staffmountainseuroperegionsummer
Reviewed January 15, 2010

I have just spent a week in this charming little hotel in the outskirts of Ortisei/St Ulrich with my teenage daughter. Even I have been in this hotel several times, it is always a joy to come back Here is my feedback and the reasons behind my review:
- exquisite food. The dinners are an absolute feast for the gourmet! The portions are not big, but I found that for me is a welcome respite from the polenta based megalunches I have in the Rifugi on the slopes...
- It is a family run hotel, and the constant presence of the owners ensure a meticulous attention to quality, and at the same time contributes to the overall informal and pleasant ambiance. This explains the large number of regular customers we meet year after year.
- The hotel is within walking distance to the centre of the village, and there is a safe walking path to reach Ortisei in 10-15 (pram friendly, for families with small babies). My daughter could walk to the village to meet her friends without excessive concerns by her anxious father...
- to get to the slopes, if you do not have a car, you have to rely on the hotel shuttle. The service is efficient, but they take you only to Ortisei. If you want to get to other parts of the valley, you have to take public transport. Of course from Ortisei itself you can ski all across Val Gardena, but it may take a little time to get to the upper slopes of the valley.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank peocro
Reviewed May 3, 2009

We have just returned from a wonderful week-long stay at the Hotel Hartmann in Ortisei. The staff were extremely pleasant and helpful from from the moment we made a booking enquiry until our departure. We were travelling with 2 small children and the staff were very accomodating in preparing special meals for them. The rooms were comfortable and spotlessly clean with plenty of storage space. The ski room was heated and all our gear dried well overnight. A free shuttle bus was at our disposal to drive us to the village/ski lifts.
We also made use of the small wellness centre with showers/sauna and spal. This area was warm/clean with plenty of towels and changing areas.

The meals were excellent, plenty of options at breakfast including freshly cooked eggs/bacon/omelettes and a good variety of evening meals (3 menus to choose with minimum of 5 dishes) with great desserts.

We always felt welcome and comfortable in the communal areas of the hotel even with the children around. We would definitely return to this hotel

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank baros1961
Reviewed October 15, 2008

The three of us (two adults and one 9 yo) stayed at this hotel in October 2008. We had not been to the area before and were very pleasantly surprised by Ortisei and surrounding towns. The Hotel Hartmann is on a rise on the main road out of town towards St Christina. It is around 700 metres from the centre of Ortisei – nice downhill walk into town but then uphill on the way back! The hotel overlooks the village and we were able to see it from our balcony. Some rooms looked to have better views of the village than others so a specific request to the hotel would be appropriate if that matters to you.

The room was very clean and well maintained. It looked to have been recently renovated in light pine and white and greenish colours. The bed was comfortable with big thick doonas/quilts which would be lovely in winter. We had pretty good weather so did not really need them but it was no trouble to get a sheet.

Breakfast included breads, jams/spreads, cereals, ham, cheese, cakes and so on. It was pretty quiet when we were there but we still seemed to get a reasonable array of food. The hotel restaurant was closed for dinner when we were there so if you specifically want to eat there, then contact the hotel as it was not clear to me that the restaurant would be closed when I booked. That said, the owners also run a restaurant in town called Restaurant Antica Osteria Traube. As guests in the hotel, you can get a special rate for dinner and it is so worth it! We ate there four times – the food was fantastic and the people very friendly. The menu is only in Italian and German but don't let that stop you! We were able to get some help in translation from one of the friendly chefs. There is a small kids’ menu (chicken and chips or pasta) but my daughter was very happy with that! After we’d eaten there two nights and she’d had chicken and chips each time, the chef came out and asked if she’d prefer steak! This restaurant was a real stand-out on our 8 week trip in Italy. We drove into town to eat and it was easy to park but this might not always be the case in peak times.

The staff at the hotel were very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. They were welcoming and keen to make sure we had everything we needed. I was a bit worried when we first checked in as we were the only guests for some of the nights but there was no issue at all – if anything they were more attentive! We can highly recommend this hotel and would definitely stay there again.

If you are in Ortisei, make sure you do the gondola with the red cars as the view on the other side of the mountain is just extraordinary. We went up three times!! Other places we visited as day trips included Lake Garda, Lake Dobbiaco (including a short visit to Austria just to go to two countries in one day – what can I say, when you are from Australia, it’s a novelty…), the various “Passos” – Passo Sella and Passo Falzarego are absolute standouts. I do intend to do some posting about them separately when I can get to it.

• Stayed: October 2008
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Feeber
Reviewed October 23, 2007

Next to the experience in the Hotel Acadia in Selva (it was fully booked this time) we had choose a next wonderful place for a holiday in the mountains in summer as well as in winter or autumn. It is quiet with a lovely view from the rooms to the south to the mountains.
This charning chalet seams sometimes a luxury villa of the Maldives. All the attentions to our well beeing was perfect.
The kitchen is excellent, and service very good.
A very familiar atmosphere, you feel like coming home...
We had a great time and we will return!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank clarikurt
Reviewed March 19, 2005

Fantastic wether, good food and a quite romantic suite with a wonderful view. We will be there next year egain.

• Stayed: May 2005