“Classy Bavarian Style Hotel in Unique Setting...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Gardena Grodnerhof

You added Hotel Gardena Grodnerhof to your Saves list
Hotel Gardena Grodnerhof
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Vidalong Street, 3 | Val Gardena (BZ), 39046 Ortisei, Italy   |
Ranked #7 of 46 Hotels in Ortisei
Caledon
“Classy Bavarian Style Hotel in Unique Setting...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2006

Our family of four enjoyed a one night stay here last June. We were just passing through for a drive through the fantastic Dolomites, but wished we could have stayed a little longer to enjoy the facilities and beautiful surroundings. The room was very comfortable and new. We had a suite with one bedroom, a living room area with a pullout sofa, two televisions, two bathrooms, two balconies and a table and corner bench. The view of the town was nice, with homes and hotels built into the hillside. The service was very professional and friendly-they all spoke english, italian and german fluently. The restaurant was first class for dinner and breakfast. They served a wonderful buffet breakfast, especially compared to hotels further south in Italy. We'd definitely return, and would recommend this hotel to others. The Dolomite Drive will take your breath away and this is a perfect layover!

• Stayed June 2005
7 Thank SRR

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Cambridge, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2005

My husband and I recently stayed for three nights at the Gardena hotel. We originally only intended it as a stop on the way to Verona so that we could see the Dolomites. But once we got there, we didn't want to leave and ended up staying for three nights (we never made it to Verona and could not care less). The hotel is one of the most beautifully run that I have ever stayed in. The staff is excellent, the rooms georgeous and spotless. The food (breakfast is included - but dinner is great too) is wonderful (I think I gained 5 pounds, but this is vacation right?), and to top it off, the spa and saunas are one of the best I have ever been to. In addition to the excellence of the hotel experience, the countryside is really one of the most spectacular areas I have ever seen. The Dolomites are undescribable in thier emormity and beauty (and I have seem many mountain ranges in my day), you really have to go to believe it. The hotel provides suggested excursions, including guided hikes around the area. I would go back in a second and plan to do so as soon as I can!

• Stayed October 2005
7 Thank LizCambridge
Milan, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2005

It's absolutely the best Hotel that I've visited. Very clean, very large rooms, wonderful pool, great dinner and incredible staff. High rated *****.

• Stayed June 2005
5 Thank CheGueJack
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2004

A single man, I stayed for a week in October 2004 and can tell you that the other reviews are exactly on target. What made the hotel so memorable to me was the staff. I never encountered a single one without receiving a warm and sincere smile, followed by an offer to help me in any way possible. The finest place I have ever stayed.

• Stayed October 2004
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Zurich, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2004

We stayed here for a week in March 2004 and it was one of our best-ever hotel experiences. The hotel was recently upgraded to a well-deserved five stars. The service was wonderful. The food was fantastic with a variety of menu choices each evening (with the added bonus that the dining area was completely non-smoking ) The rooms were immaculate and tastefully decorated. The hotel has a great wellness center with pool, beauty treatments, sauna, etc. The hotel seems to be very popular with Italian tourists and is family-friendly. And the hotel location allows you to easily walk into the center of the town. After such a relaxing week, we were truly sorry to leave. We will definitely return again in the future.

• Stayed March 2004
    • 4 of 5 stars
4 Thank FrancescaC
Travelers also viewed these Ortisei hotels
Hotel Adler Dolomiti Spa & Sport Resort
Hotel Angelo Engel
#6 of 46 in Ortisei
4.5 of 5 stars 359 reviews
Hotel Adler Balance Spa & Health Residenz

Been to Hotel Gardena Grodnerhof? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Gardena Grodnerhof

Property: Hotel Gardena Grodnerhof
Address: Vidalong Street, 3 | Val Gardena (BZ), 39046 Ortisei, Italy
Location: Italy > Trentino-Alto Adige > Province of South Tyrol > Val Gardena > Ortisei
Bar / Lounge Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Ski-In / Ski-Out Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
#1 Ski-In / Ski-Out Hotel in Ortisei
#3 Romantic Hotel in Ortisei
#4 Family Hotel in Ortisei
#6 Spa Hotel in Ortisei
#7 Luxury Hotel in Ortisei
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
Hotel Class:5 star — Hotel Gardena Grodnerhof 5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel Gardena Grodnerhof reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Gardena Grodnerhof Hotel