“Fantastic place!”

Ranked #25 of 46 Hotels in Ortisei
Jurmala, Latvia
“Fantastic place!”
Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

It is worth every penny we have spent there!!!
Nice, small familiy hotel!
You can feel that owners have thought about every single detail and the fact that they are taking care of the business by themselves just improves it.
If you are looking for a quite, unique place, this shall be your choice!
We will come back for sure, and will not even think about looking for other place!

• Stayed January 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We would highly recommend Hotel Arnaria. My wife and I stayed here for nearly a week while we did day hikes in Val Gardena. We found the facility bright, clean and trim. The food (half-board: breakfast and dinner) was fresh, plentiful and varied and the servers were charming. The host family were friendly and helpful. The rooms featured lovely pine trim and the views of the surrounding mountains were stunning. It was not cheap but we felt we got our money's worth.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Malta
Reviewed August 15, 2012

After hours of driving from the airport, a tiring skiing lesson or simply a day out, Hotel Arnaria is the type of hotel you want to arrive into. You are sure to relax and rejuvenate as soon as you enter. To start off, the atmosphere is unbelievably cosy and the owners a sweet couple are sure to welcome you to the family. At breakfast there is a wide variety of delicious food and pastries. Dinner is very satisfying. Apart from a romantic escape it is also a great place for family trips. As they provide you with a pool and various simple food. This is definatly recommend, espaisially for couples and famlilies.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank HelloFood
Heraklion, Greece
Reviewed January 28, 2012

This hotel is run by a very happy young family with two kids.
(+) wonderful rooms and bathrooms. wood and dark stone is playing everywhere (harmonized)
nice spa with small but nice exterior Jacuzzi
very good food (breakfast and dinner) and nice wine list!!!
It was good price....this year it was overpriced.

(-) distance from Ortisei
The swimming pool was not heated!! unless there was a problem.
Parking place had lot's of ice.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank antonios1602
Hong Kong
Reviewed June 12, 2011

Stayed at the Arnaria for three nights, to hiking in the Dolomites before my friend's weddding in Florence. Was honestly very surprised by the Arnaria.
The rooms had a very clean design with lots of wood everywhere and a stunning view of the surrounding hills and mountains. My room was a family room (even though it was just me) and had a bunkbed next to the entrance and they seem quite cozy for the kids.
The food was great, included breakfast and a 5 course dinner, gourmet style with a salad bar (the freshest veggies I've had in a long time), appetizers, first course and 2nd course and dessert (never had any because I was always too full by then).
Facilities, was decent, a very small pool & gym, both which I didn't use, since I hiked like 20km+ every day, however they did have a very nice wet & dry sauna and a steam room. By the way the sauna rooms are co-ed ... I guess quit normal for Europe ... I didn't mind but my female friend was slightly uncomfortable at first, but I think she just got use to it.
Finally the service, it was excellent also, Elizabeth and Martin were extremely helpfully and hospitalble, really took the extra mile to ensure we had the proper information all the time, felt more like we were staying at a friend's place than in a hotel.
Which comes to the best part of the Arnaria, the VALUE, all the above and it came to less than EUR100 ... I paid 3 times as much for my room in Florence, wasn't half as good and didn't include a 5 course dinner. It's got to be the best value in all of Western Europe!
The one complaint that I may have, and I say 'may' is that it's a bit of distance from town, however since I was there hiking, the extra kilometer or so to town was really nothing, however if I was skiing there, that might be a totally different proposition.
Anyway, would I go back .... most definitely in a heartbeat, in both summer for the hiking and the winter for the skiing (if I can figure an efficient way to get to the ski hills).

Room Tip: Get the corner Family Room, best views
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with friends
Zwijndrecht, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 4, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for one week in June and really enjoyed our stay. The hosts are very friendly and helpful. The room was really nice.Lots of wood. Spacious with a separate sitting area and a balcony. Very nice bathroom with large walk-in shower. The breakfast was also very good and offered everything you can possible want. What really surprised us was dinner at night. We didn't expect the excellent five course dinners every night. A very different menu each day, always choice between different meals, and everything tasted excellent each day.
The indoor swimming pool is a bit small. Parking in front of the hotel is free and from the hotel you have a nice view on the surrounding mountains.
The only negative comment we can make is that the bed is quit hard and that is not very pleasant when you have lower back problems.
Despite the bed however we will definitely go back to this hotel when we visit the Dolomites again.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple