“Pure Bliss”

Ranked #15 of 29 Hotels in Montepulciano
Auckland
“Pure Bliss”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2009

A very late review but here goes - Had a lovely week here staying in the little annex cottage by the pool. Property and cottage immaculate and beautifully decorated in Tuscan style. The weather was a bit chilly for swimming but the pool was lovely to sit around for lunch. Booked directly with owner Lucca who was great to deal with. His replies sometimes took a few days as he was based in Siena in the weekdays and the agritourismo was looked after the rest of the time by his brother and his family who had little English but were very friendly and helpful. The setting of La Frateria San Benedotto is superb with AMAZING views of Montepulciano only a couple of kms away. Although the road is nearby and you can hear slight local traffic during the day it is absolutely quiet and peaceful in the evenings and early mornings. The setting and quality of the accommodation more than makes up for a little traffic noise. It was an excellent base for the area.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dayna_7

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Palm Desert
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2005

I selected this property because it offered us a separate little cottage near Montepulciano, and the photos on the web site were just what I envisioned for a perfect place in Tuscany. But I couldn't find one review of it so I crossed my fingers and hoped. Luckily, I wasn't disappointed. While none of the photos on the web site showed how close to the main road the property sits, it also didn't show what a spectactular view of Montepulciano there was from my livingroom window. There was actually very little road noise, and the view was amazing. The property is located just a kilometer south of Montepulciano and there is a main building with four apartments and then the separate cottage that we rented. There is plenty of parking, a lovely yard surrounded by an olive grove, a swimming pool, a number of lawn chairs and even a hammock. It was cool and rainy while we were there so we didn't use the pool but we also had a private outdoor table and chairs outside our front door. The apartment had a comfortable bed, a nice handy little kitchen with a coffee maker, fridge, toaster, and locally grown preserves. Although the host did not speak any english, all agreements were cheerfully honored. The location was great for touring the area and running into Montepulciano for dinner. We stayed for four nights and slept great each night. About the only thing I would have changed was that next to the pool, and right outside the picture window of our cottage facing Montepulciano, there was a brightly colored plastic children's playhouse. The yard was huge and there was no reason that playhouse had to be next to the cottage. My husband and I actually moved it over out of our view, but a day later it was moved back. Oh well, that was really the only thing I would change. I would definitely recommend this property to others.

10 Thank kg92253