“Beautiful views and gracious host”
Review of Camere Bellavista

Camere Bellavista
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Montepulciano
Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed at the Camere Bellavista on September 21-22, 2013. It was a very charming, clean and centrally located hotel in the historical district of Montepulciano. With private parking for hotel guests, it made it very convenient for those renting cars like we did. We had room #6 that not only had a beautiful view of the Tuscan landscape from the window, but it also had a deck with table and chairs to sit out and enjoy the views. As recommended by Rick Steves, the owner, Gabriella, was a wonderful, gracious host. She is very proud and passionate about her hotel. Though Rick Steves said she didn't speak much english, she spoke enough to make us feel very comfortable and enjoy our stay. We thought she was great. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for the charm and feel of Tuscany. Gabriella....thank you for the jam.

Room Tip: Room #6 has the best views from the windwow and the outside deck was fabulous.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Montepulciano is and absolutely magnificent l town, which epitomizes the beauty of Tuscany. Camere Bellavista (room with a beautiful view) is an understatement. We had a window displaying a winding road, overlooking the ancient roof tops with a backdrop of the Tuscan wine and olive fields. Pictures do not describe it. Gabriella and her family treat you like a member of the family. They have parking right next door. There is even a laundromat just around the corner. There is no breakfast, but a 2 minute walk to the center of town has an excellent cafe with reasonable prices. I saw one of my favorite sunsets on the first night and got up early to cross the street and take a matching sunrise. The rooms are clean and have good sized bathrooms. For the price I did not expect anything as nice as Camere Bellavista.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

If you make it all the way to Montepulciano this is the place to stay !
The views are amazing, I stayed at Bellavista before , I stay this time and I will stay again in the future the location it's great, this place it's all about the views

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We stay 2 nights in July at Bellavista and it was fantastic!
The hotel is in the centre,just 2 minutes walk from the main square.
The rooms are relly nice: very clean, well furnished and the view is outstanding.
We will definitly come back to this hotel, it worth the money!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Great location in Montepulciano, we were on the top floor looking out over the Tuscan Hillside, and it really is an incredible, iconic view. Ask for the room with the terrace--we didn't have this room, but we saw it, and it's very cool.
The family that runs the place is very nice, and they were accommodating to my family's specific requests. Upon checkout they had liters of their own olive oil for sale. We bought some, and it's fantastic! Rooms on the lower floor don't have as nice a view, so ask for the top floor if possible. This hotel is at the top of the town, just down the street from the main piazza, so we took a taxi there from the bus stop, which i recommend.

Room Tip: ask for the top floor, especially room 6 with the terrace.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Unbelievable. I write this review on 8-21-13 at midnight at the Camere Bellavista. There is a rave disco going on a few blocks away. Obviously impossible to sleep, impossible to enjoy what should be a serene view from our west facing window. Oh, and did I mention that we had originally booked room 6 with the terrace, despite three e-mail confirmations confirming our exact room and booking, when we arrive we were told the room was not available - they had double booked! Gabriela was vey nice about it, and blamed it on her sister, but still we were very frustrated. But then after going out for a wondeful dinner, when we returned to the hotel we discovered there was a rave party with outdoor speakers going on a few blocks away... this is on a Tuesday night!!!! Dont know whats going on here, or who is getting paid off in this town, but this sort of entertainment is clearly not what one expects from this beautiful old town.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank criscross50
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife and I spent three nights at Camere Bellevista at the end of June and beginning of July. We were very happy in our simple, clean and comfortable room, delighted by the views from it and the veranda and quite happy too with the location of the hotel. I see now as I look at some of the other reviews here that I am not the first to be charmed by Gabriella, but I am not surprised by that, as she is the warmest and most considerate of hostesses. She took good and kind care of us in different ways, and we shall never ever forget it. Bless you, Gabriella, and your son Simone too, for all your kindness to us! <3

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple