“Good value in the centre of Montpulciano”
Review of Camere Bellavista

Camere Bellavista
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Montepulciano
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Because it is run as a guest house more than a hotel, our first impression of the Bellavista was not that favourable, as we were met with a locked door and instructions to ring the owner and wait 10 minutes.

Fortunately we didn't allow this to put us off as, once we were through the door we were led to a very comfortable room, spotlessly clean and obviously fairly recently tiled and painted.

We were unlucky not to get one of the rooms overlooking the valley for which the guest house is named. The name is no lie and it is worth booking far enough ahead to get the room with a view.

The facilities in the room were fairly basic - no kettle or fridge or safe, and no soap in the bathroom, only a coupe of sachets of showergel. However, considering the price charged compared with the other options we looked at within the town, we didn't consider ourselves ripped off.

There is no restaurant attached, but there are plenty of options within easy walking distance.

They couldn't take credit card payments - again possibly understandable for a small family run guesthouse.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank FarmingFlyer

Reviewed May 29, 2012

We ended up here on a lark, as we had 1 free night to spend in Italy with no plans. As we were traveling from Rome to Florence and had no car, it made sense for us to check out Montepulciano. While we enjoyed Montepulciano, Bellavista really made our experience one to remember.

First of all, if you have any issues finding the hotel, just go to main piazza at the top of the town and take a right, you'll find it a little ways down on the left. Once there, you can buzz the owner and somebody will greet you very quickly. No hassle at all, we didn't even wait 5 full minutes.

Once checked in, we were shown a very nice room with a great view out the window; however, I had seen somewhere that there was 1 room with a private terrace. I inquired about it, and was told that it was available for 25 euro more. It was our honeymoon, so I wanted the best view possible. What a great decision that was. The view from the terrace is absolutely breathtaking, and it is a nice, spacious private area to sit and enjoy some wine and the sunset over the Tuscan hills. The room itself was also spacious, well appointed and romantic. They've done a good job of updating a very old building to be comfortable, yet maintain quite a bit of its rustic charm (exposed wood beams, etc). The bathroom was very well decorated, with facilities typical of the region (although the shower, while still a bit smaller than American standards, was quite nice). The only caveat is that there is no lift for upper floors, which wasn't an issue for us.

The location was great- close to the main piazza and several restaurants, and again, that view.
While not a full-service hotel, we did get treated very professionally and courteously in our limited interaction with Gabrielle and her son. Speaking of, consider the olive oil that they produce on their farm and sell at the front desk. We bought some and it is delicious!

This place is an absolute gem. I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for room 6. Well worth the slightly higher price.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mcloofus
Reviewed May 18, 2012

We had room 9 which had a nice view although I believe that most rooms have a good view. Owner was very helpful and friendly but as was mentioned earlier appears to juggling several jobs. Internet service is free and good signal. Parking in this very small city was right across the street and convenient. For the money, this was a great deal, with the only drawback being a shower that went lukewarm after 3-4 minutes

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here in room 2, for two nights in May of 2012.
The strong points of this hotel are cleanliness, friendliness, good furnishing, quiet, and the great view. The room and private bathroom were spotless, the furniture, flooring, walls and ceiling were either brand new or very well maintained. The plumbing and ventilation worked well and were quiet. The view of the Tuscan countryside from the very large room window looks out to the west.
The intenet broke down on two occasions but I don't want to complain about that because the problem was fixed quickly. I see this as a good indication of the management's concern for providing a quality service. I did get to see the famous room 6, it is almost exactly the same as our room 2 except that it has a small refrigerator and a comfortable patio. The manager asked us often if there was something that we needed and made a call to our next hotel in Rome for us.
I will suggest this hotel for any of my friends that visit Tuscany and I’ll stay here again when I visit Tuscany.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Roger M
Reviewed May 9, 2012

Everything we had heard about this place was true.....room 6 and the spectacular view and balcony takes your breath away...made extra special by the swifts flying low at early morning and evening, quite magical. We caught perfect weather for our short visit.....Gabrielle the owner was a delight and such fun and so helpful during our stay...fantastic value and I couldn't recommend this place highly enough....

Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2012

We were fortunate enough to book room 6 with the terrace. It was breathtaking. One of the most memorable views I 've ever had. We were also impressed with Gabriella. We were driving and stopped at the TI to call and say we were in town and finding our way there. She drove down and met us, so we could just follow her to the hotel. That was a huge help. Parking was next door and free. That was a nice bonus. There's no breakfast served and Gabriella speaks limited English. The view made up for that easily.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 24, 2011

Firstly, to the wonderful staff who rescued me after getting lost- thank you!!!! Driving in these small towns was challenging to say the least-having her jump in her car to come find me was the best hospitality during our travels through Italy. We got the BEST room with the best view of the countryside ever- it has a small stone patio off the room-breathtaking!!!

• Stayed: October 2011